The Student Room Group

RAF Police or Police Officer rank?

I can't decide whether to apply for RAFP or for the police officer position. I feel for the officer position i should perhaps gain experience through being part of RAFP for a few years to gain more of an understanding of the role, however the officer role is more appealing role wise and will use my degree as part of it.

Does anyone know if i apply for the officer, get through aptitude but then become unsuccessful, can i fall back onto my second option of general police or third option of intelligence analyst?

Thanks
(no hate on wanting to be part of the police, i know they're not liked much :tongue:)
Reply 1
You will be questioned on why you want to apply for a non commissioned role if you were previously interested in an officer role and probably subsequently questioned on your understanding of the differences between NCOs and commissioned officers.

As long as you have an answer for that you would be fine.
Do not think that 'time in the ranks makes a better Officer'. It can, it also can not. It is not the normal route to being an Officer, so look at that and don't think you should serve in the ranks first.
Original post by bryany
I can't decide whether to apply for RAFP or for the police officer position. I feel for the officer position i should perhaps gain experience through being part of RAFP for a few years to gain more of an understanding of the role, however the officer role is more appealing role wise and will use my degree as part of it.

Does anyone know if i apply for the officer, get through aptitude but then become unsuccessful, can i fall back onto my second option of general police or third option of intelligence analyst?

Thanks
(no hate on wanting to be part of the police, i know they're not liked much :tongue:)

Not sure if RAFP is an aptitude based branch/ trade. Int, however, is very much an aptitude based branch!
Reply 4
What did you decide to do in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest