The Student Room Group

California "only yes means yes" rape law

Absolutely horrifying.

http://time.com/3222176/campus-rape-the-problem-with-yes-means-yes/

How many sexual encounters in history have involved the male repeatedly asking for consent and verbally receiving it, over and over?

This is illogical, knee-jerk, ill-thought out nonsense.

Let's say a guy and a girl get into bed together. Guy starts touching girl's boobs. Is that sexual assault?

Guy then takes girl's top off. She is receptive and helps him. Is this sexual assault, as she remained silent throughout all this?

Both guy and girl get naked and play with each other. Again, no words spoken? Sexual assault?

Girl smiles as guy tries to put his penis in. They have sex with her facial expressions and body language making it clear that she wants it and is enjoying it. Rape? After all, she never said yes.

This complete redefining of what constitutes sex is a fundamental attack on our rights and freedoms. No sexual encounter ever has involved a man repeatedly requesting consent at every stage.

The reality is that society's slow descent into feminism is causing this. It's going to lead to the decline of mutual sexual enjoyment, a massive increase in frivolous rape accusations, and a massive decline in our civil liberties.

And, in advance, all you feminists who claim that you are opposed to this, that those who support it are a "minority", and that all feminism is about is gender equality, can get out of this thread and not waste my time by posting. I see no active opposition from feminists to this new law and until you tackle the pervasive radicalism within your movement, I will tar you all with the same brush.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I've been warning of the dangers of feminism for some time and how they wish to take our freedoms away. Hopefully some of you will wake up now.
Reply 2
From what I can see under this law your example would not be rape. The women was joining in and smiling. Had she been lying there and not moving ir making any signals to identify consent then it'd be rape.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
If what you are saying is true, there would be no need for this new law.

This law is about fundamentally redefining consent. I think there's a very real possibility that a man in the above situation could find himself facing a rape charge due to the lack of verbal consent.

False rape allegations are already rife under current laws. We don't need any more thank you.
I was hoping this was a joke but then I noticed it was on Time's website.

Did someone autistic decide this? Literally no-one asks permission to have sex with anyone and why is the burden placed on the bloke? This is going to create nonsense situations where someone goes along with sex, responds to advances but says 'technically I never said yes and you never asked me, so it's technically rape'. What's the point?

Sex is always about, and will always be about, responding to body language. Someone makes a move, you respond. If anything, the verbal nature tends to be 'not tonight' or 'am not feeling up for it'.

I'd like to see another source for this because I find it hard to believe it's not satire.
I propose a new chip and pin like solution.

Simple in effect, everyone carries one of those bank chip and pin devices, and a woman and man each have a card. The man enters his card and his pin, the woman then enters her card and her pin, thus we can be convinced that consent has been obtained.

There would also be a "false pin" in which, if a woman enters this number, she will be descended upon by hundreds of police officers coming to her aid (there will be a GPS tracker in the chip and pin readers)

I wrote this as a joke, but I would actually do this if it was an ONS... lol
Reply 6
It's not long before we need CCTV covering sexual encounters so evidence stands up in court.

You'd never have to hide the camera again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending