The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ultra Genious
which is best place to live for any reason?
i say north- cheaper to live and everyones hard.

North. Cheaper, nicer, and its home
J
Reply 61
north - they have sexier accents :biggrin:
Tinykates
north - they have sexier accents :biggrin:

You're faaahkin' 'avin' a larrrf, intcha? Lahdaaaahn's got a well sexy accent, innit!

The fact I sometimes speak like this worries me.
Reply 63
North, mainly because I'm from the north (and my family's Italian friend who is extremely outgoing found London to be a bit less friendly than the north, but maybe it was just staying with us). I live on the north side of Leeds and am a half hour bus ride from a decent and quickly expanding city centre with the country side the other side of my doorstep. It's nice to have the best of both worlds.

I can appreciate that people want the buzz of London, but sometimes I like to get away from the crowds as well as mingle with them, and living in the north allows me to do that (until Mr Prescott creates his proposed supercity from Liverpool to Hull to Newcastle to Sheffield incorporating Manchester and Leeds).

That, and how would I get to my blessed Leeds RL home games?

However, what is north exactly? I'd really consider only Newcastle and Durham to be the proper north of the UK (I think Wakefield comes out as just about the centre of the major cities in the UK). Or is the proverbial "north of Watford Gap" stereotype still in place (along with the same ones that the north of England runs on a postage stamp and all Yorkshiremen farm sheep and the occational pig :smile: )?
Reply 64
Hayley...
You're faaahkin' 'avin' a larrrf, intcha? Lahdaaaahn's got a well sexy accent, innit!

The fact I sometimes speak like this worries me.
hehe - me too :biggrin:
Reply 65
na man your sufen accents are buzzin man do you knoh wha' a mean? Its dead sexi like you knoh, its sor'ted init.

My gathoh likes the sufen accent as well do you knoh what a mean?
Reply 66
amazingtrade
na man your sufen accents are buzzin man do you knoh wha' a mean? Its dead sexi like you knoh, its sor'ted init.

What the feck are you talking about?
Reply 67
amazingtrade

oi - enuf wid da 'buzzin' you! i dnt say nuffin lyk dat :tongue:
Reply 68
Well I've lived north nd south. Yourkshire, London, Oxford, Lancashire spent quite a bit of time in Cornwall and I finally settled..................................

..... in the midlands.

Not a lot else I can say.
Reply 69
Zapsta
What the feck are you talking about?

I am doing the manc accent coz its sor'ted man. Do you knoh what I mean? I am from Manchestoh man.
Home counties all the way.
I live in London (EC1) so it's got to be the south. We have everything you could want here, the weather is (slightly, yet still noticeably) better and you can understand what people are talking about :tongue:.

Overall, the only thing against London is the cost of living here, although it isn't that much higher than other UK cities such as Cardiff, Birmingham etc- it's only tourists who get ripped off.
Reply 72
MuvverRussia
I live in London (EC1) so it's got to be the south. We have everything you could want here, the weather is (slightly, yet still noticeably) better and you can understand what people are talking about

In Liverpool I went to Burger King one day for lunch, but I couldn't understand what the girl behind the till was saying. I finished my order and she was still saying something, so I had to ask for "Super Size" to buy myself some time to work out what she was saying, and I wasn't even that hungry :frown:.
NORTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better accents!! (much sexier :wink: ) much friendlier people too!! (no offense to any southeners around here) When I say north I mean north east! Ahhhh, Durham... I am SO going to live there when I'm older! :biggrin:

plus that the whole atmosphere is soooo much better, with the lovely north sea n all....

oooo! and the fish n chips! they're better in the north east! :biggrin:
Reply 74
to be honest i dont like northerners, there voices just wind me up so much :angry: and they think there all hard, like the geordies and the scousers, (go nick a car or something). Londons the place to be, no question about it.
Reply 75
Fleff
NORTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better accents!! (much sexier :wink: ) much friendlier people too!! (no offense to any southeners around here) When I say north I mean north east! Ahhhh, Durham... I am SO going to live there when I'm older! :biggrin:

plus that the whole atmosphere is soooo much better, with the lovely north sea n all....

oooo! and the fish n chips! they're better in the north east! :biggrin:

ooooh! Have to go to the Magpie Cafe (in Scarborough) for the best fish and chips in the world. I almost forgot that. Another great reason to live in the north.
Reply 76
South!

...but not London and it's surroundings. And I don't count near Birmingham as south - that's the middle. So in fact just kind of draw a line slightly to the right of Bristol down to the coast, then up following the Welsh border. So Wales and the South West basically!
Lancashire. Beautiful and the tap water is actually water :smile:

Besides, statistically people in the north have a better standard of living.
Reply 78
Joey_Johns
Lancashire. Beautiful and the tap water is actually water :smile:

Yes but it tastes foul. Water in Yorkshire is much better, so are the fish and chips, oh and not as much rain.
sashh
Yes but it tastes foul. Water in Yorkshire is much better, so are the fish and chips, oh and not as much rain.

Depends were you live :tongue: The water is lovely where I live.

I dispute the chip issue, fleetwood has some of the best fish and chips in the country.

Latest

Trending

Trending