Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i just seen a thread about china and japan
    i am 1/4 chinese which is my grandma and i really like to know what every1 think about china!

(Original post by shushimeng)
    i am 1/4 chinese which is my grandma and i really like to know what ever think about china!
    China has the potential to one day become the most powerful country to have ever existed.

ReputationRep:
    you not saying that just because i am here?? well thanx for that anyway X

ReputationRep:
    i am 1/4 chinese which is my grandma and i really like to know what every1 think about china!
    its really easy to break.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about china but have many chinese friends...
    they are genuine,hardworking, kind,charming and lovely people to be friends with.... They deserve any good they see...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    its really easy to break.

huh??

ReputationRep:
    Economically has the capability to be a super power in the future. Don't like some of the things I have read about the ways they enforce the one child poilicy some of the things they used to do about that are nasty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Economically has the capability to be a super power in the future. Don't like some of the things I have read about the ways they enforce the one child poilicy some of the things they used to do about that are nasty.
    don't you think there are enough human on this earth already?? if everyone can have as many child as they like the world could be gone in few years!! well people also have different oponion on the birth control.

ReputationRep:
    Good Food! Jackie Chan!

ReputationRep:
    big, food, people

ReputationRep:
    If the population of China was to walk past you in a straight line, the line would seem neverending - due to China's population rate. This is despite the One Child Policy. Can't you just tell I do geography...

ReputationRep:
    It is a country that has had to introduce rigerous brith control due to over-population. It is a nice country, but doesn't have the same appeal as japan as very little entertainment has come out of china, which makes it less known.

ReputationRep:
    china is a very secretive nation. nobody really knows what is going on in there. they seem to have a large military force, and i think they plan to take over the world one day. hopefully they will fail.

ReputationRep:
    China will become the worlds next superpower. Whether it will embark on a power struggle with the US like the old Soviet Union did is to be seen. It depends whether China and the US pursue a policy of economic imperialism like the two old blocs did. I cant see it being very pretty. Perhaps if the Council falls the collision will be slightly less nasty as the ideological edge may be removed. I personally would love to be in China when/if the Council falls.

If China wins, you can be guaranteed that Chinese morals and principles will become the universally accepted ones. However, this will probably not happen in our lifetime, or for a very long time.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I forgot to mention that I've actually been to China. I fell in love with it straight away. The people were incredibly friendly and the country in general was just beautiful - from the bustling urban centres of Shanghai and Beijing to the peaceful countryside we passed through travelling from city to city. Its seriously underestimated as a tourist destination, considering it has so much history and such. We visited the Wall (obviously!), the Forbidden Palace, the Winter Gardens and the small backroom in Shanghai where Mao Tse-Tung and his comrades held the first meeting of the Chinese Communist Party.

One thing that is really fun to do in China is just sit and look at something for a while. You can be guaranteed that within 5 minutes you will have a crowd gathered around you watching what you are doing, very politely of course. I did it with a laptop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    One thing that is really fun to do in China is just sit and look at something for a while. You can be guaranteed that within 5 minutes you will have a crowd gathered around you watching what you are doing, very politely of course. I did it with a laptop.
    Why does this happen? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I am really ashamed to say this.

But the thought of going to China does not appeal to me

as I lived with a Chinese male this year

and the less said about him... the better.

ReputationRep:
    Although it has the capabilities of becoming the most powerful nation in the world, most people seem to forget that it was already the most powerful nation at one point in the past. It invented many useful things such as paper money, fireworks etc....and I don't see why it shouldn't become 'another Japan'. I doubt that it's superiority will last long though.

Anyways, I would love to visit China. I don't think it's as secretive as people think. Maybe us Westerners have way too much freedom to do whatever we want. Some parts of China may have a more stable environment than back here in the UK due to the enforcement of tougher laws. I think more people need to experience the country for themselves instead of relying on Western media who get to show whatever they want.

China has a right to stand up for itself. And no, it's not like the USA since they have no plans for world-domination. They don't wait for some country to have a crisis and then give an excuse (usually to get rid of an unfair ruler) to take over the country's resources.

ReputationRep:
    china is...brilliant, parce que je suis chinois Albeit a BBC as opposed to truely chinese! It's a beautiful country and I'm going back this summer to visit. Generally chinese people are hard working...though some of them are TOO hardworking and seem to have no social life. But hey, most of them are fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    Although it has the capabilities of becoming the most powerful nation in the world, most people seem to forget that it was already the most powerful nation at one point in the past. It invented many useful things such as paper money, fireworks etc....and I don't see why it shouldn't become 'another Japan'. I doubt that it's superiority will last long though.
    The Wests superiority will not last lond either. History has shown us that no one country/region remains superior for too long. They usually end up destroying themselves!

(Original post by chidori)
    China has a right to stand up for itself. And no, it's not like the USA since they have no plans for world-domination. They don't wait for some country to have a crisis and then give an excuse (usually to get rid of an unfair ruler) to take over the country's resources.
    People said the same when Stalin first came to power in the USSR. However, encroaching US influence around Russia provoked an imperialistic adventure by both nations. If the US embarks upon securing the markets around SEA for itself only, then the Chinese may well respond.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.