Islandcharley266
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
So this year I have to choose my GCSEs and I don't know what to pick for my 3rd choice, I'm doing art and DT because I want to be an interior designer. I'm thinking of doing geography or Spanish but I'm not sure how hard it is or what you do please help.
LauraJ12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you already do Spanish because if you don't, dont't start now, GCSE launuage is really hard as it is. Georgraphy is the best subject ever and it really relaxed and a lot like some science topics. Everyone who does Georgraphy in my school for GCSE loves it.
TahmidGCSE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would strongly suggest you do a language as universities through out the country prefer you study a language at GCSE (just a tip) but its entirely up to you
chantellerose
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Languages do look good for universities but they're difficult, I took GCSE german and I struggled and didn't take it for A-Levels. I enjoyed GCSE geography more and as LauraJ12 said it relates to science topics well. At the end of the day, take what you enjoy because you're going to be studying the course for 1 or 2 years
Mr...
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not sure about Spanish as I do French so I think it would be easier if I knew what subjects you're going to take as well...
jeavons123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
chose sex education, that is great
Islandcharley266
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thx everyone, I think I'm going to go for geography
lauzy00
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Most definitely Geography. I do Spanish myself and I can tell you that it is difficult if you haven't studied it all/for most of your life.
Fatimah21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey! Do you have an interest in any of these subjects? Either would be good since languages and humanities (in this case, geography) are what most uni's and sixth forms and colleges are looking for
Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads