The Student Room Group

Bad GCSE's should I apply to top uni's?

I did really badly in my GCSE's ( 2 A*'S, 9 A's and 2 B's), is there any point in applying to Durham?

Scroll to see replies

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Terrible grades really!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Loola1234
I did really badly in my GCSE's ( 2 A*'S, 9 A's and 2 B's), is there any point in applying to Durham?

Yes, there is most definitely a point.
Reply 3

From the Durham website

"Anyone who does not have a minimum of 14 A* at GCSE will be severely disadvantaged when applying to Durham, and we respectfully request that you do not waste our time. You may wish to apply for other universities instead, such as London Met.

Probably not worth it with those terrible grades...
those grades are absolutely fine. chill. even cambridge only ask for at least 5 As/A*s at GCSE. unless you want to do medicine, don't fret.
Reply 5
Original post by tanyapotter
those grades are absolutely fine. chill. even cambridge only ask for at least 5 As/A*s at GCSE. unless you want to do medicine, don't fret.

Thank you. It's just that I got the lowest GCSE's out of my entire friendship group of 10 so I didn't feel as if my grades would be sufficient.
Are you serious? I'm sure you know that those grades are definitely good enough
this better be a troll
Thank you. It's just that I got the lowest GCSE's out of my entire friendship group of 10 so I didn't feel as if my grades would be sufficient.

Your GCSE grades are better than mine and I got to Oxford :colondollar:
I love how the Durham website said about 14 A*, but you only did 13 GCSE's. Sorry, but apparently you never had a chance just looking at your grades.
says top uni

then says durham

not sure if srs
Reply 11
This thread sums up what annoys me most about TSR...
Original post by josh_v
From the Durham website

"Anyone who does not have a minimum of 14 A* at GCSE will be severely disadvantaged when applying to Durham, and we respectfully request that you do not waste our time. You may wish to apply for other universities instead, such as London Met.

Probably not worth it with those terrible grades...

I can confirm that this is actually from Durham.
Reply 13
Yeah, those grades are really bad and I would seriously think about not applying to Durham...
Hoping this is a troll.... I'd be so happy if I got those grades
Taking a guess one of those Bs were in English because you clearly don't know where to put an apostrophe and where to...

btw it's GCSEs not GCSE's
Reply 16
Original post by Trihawk7
Taking a guess one of those Bs were in English because you clearly don't know where to put an apostrophe and where to...

btw it's GCSEs not GCSE's

The funny thing is it actually was haha, thanks for the grammar help!
Reply 17
Original post by Anonynous
says top uni

then says durham

not sure if srs

I thought Durham was a top university?

oxbridge only mate

It is. There is considerable sarcasm going on in this thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending