cristofayre
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Before I start, let me add I'm not a company with a big budget, dozens of employees and a large cash flow. I'm just "little ol' me" who has just purchased a franchise, and now need to find a driver in the CM postcode region to do one week's work!

I thought offering around £450 just before Christmas would bring a flood of applicants. But despite ads in newsagent windows, an ad on "Friday Ads" and "Gumtree", (and several views on each) there has been zero response. There's no way I can pay the local paper ad fee of £150 per insertion, (and ditto for the online employment agencies such as "Reed" and "Indeed") There is "Universal Job Match", but not only is that too National, it's also for more 'well established' companies and businesses, not sole traders.

Anyone any ideas where I could try? (I did consider "Facebook", but that covers too big an area whereas I need local people. "StreetLife" is one under £20 option I may look into) Now if there was a student pinboard at the local Uni / college ...

All suggestions welcomed. I gotta do something before my franchise starts in November
Runninground
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
One weeks work? Is it just one week or is it one week every x months?
Minify
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's really weird, I got loads of people off gumtree and I didn't even pay them anything. Perhaps the problem is anyone who can afford a car is probably too busy to bother with 1 week of cash in hand work? This is a little sly but maybe you could not mention the contract length and just get rid of them after a week?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.8%
Disagree (10)
6.54%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.68%
Agree (58)
37.91%
Strongly Agree (20)
13.07%

Watched Threads