The Student Room Group

Am I good enough for Cambridge? - WHAT GRADES??

I am thinking of applying to Cambridge - What sort of GCSE grades / AS Grades / AS UMS / A2 Predicted Grades should I have;
- To have a mid chance of getting an offer / interview
- To have a high chance of getting an offer / interview

Thanks!
Well there's no mid to high chance of interview.

If you get over 93% UMS at AS in correct subjects or top three for arts then you'll definitely get an interview.

If you have above 90 you have a good chance.

Above 85% is the mid chance if you wanna put it like that.

Below is very low unless you have ECs.

GCSEs don't really matter, average is probably around 6 A*s and mainly As, but people get 12 so by same merit, people get none and get in.

A2 Predictions would be at least a*aa but not having that won't cut you out completely because they have your scores.
Original post by zordman
I am thinking of applying to Cambridge - What sort of GCSE grades / AS Grades / AS UMS / A2 Predicted Grades should I have;

Thanks!

Don't think they're too fussed about GCSE grades to be honest. But getting mostly A*/A/Bs wouldn't do you any harm. But I think you'd need straight As at AS, and probably straight A-A* at A2 to be in with a good chance of getting an offer. But it also depends on what course you want to do :smile:

Although, I think you might find this useful too:
http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/requirements/thefacts.html
Reply 3
Their average AS UMS is 95% but they probably won't straight reject you as long as you're above 85%. 93% guarantees you an interview AND winter pooling, so aim for at least that if you can. Wouldn't rule it out if you have over 85%. They don't care much about GCSEs.
Original post by zordman

Thanks!

High chance
- 95% or above in your AS units.
- At least 1 predicted A* at A2.
- Well-roundedness

Mid chance
- 85% or above in your AS units

Cambridge don't really prioritise or care about GCSEs so they don't matter. Oxford however would.

GL

Quick Reply

Latest