The Student Room Group

Ex best friends harassing me even while I'm at Uni - scared!

Ok so I've just gone into second year of university. I am all settled in with great new friends up here. However over a year ago a serious argument between two of my old best friends resulted in a huge falling out with me and ever since then they turned nasty and bullied me through my last year of college verbally in public, throwing things at me in the corridoors but also setting up a nasty Facebook page about me with all sorts of secrets I've told them posted on the page. They also stole my phone from my pocket and sent numerous exremely dirty/sexual message to my parents. its a miracle I made it through my last year of college with good enough results to go to university as during that time I was also suicidal :frown:

I also quit Facebook and apparently since I've been off it my ex friends have been posting the occasional nasty direct/indirect status about me which people from my old school and college have laughed at and at me. My ex friends were very popular girls and influential and I have no more friends in my small hometown (only 30,000 people) because of them and how everyone knows each other etc. Since I've been at university i also split up with my ex boyfriend from my hometown who cheated on me before I left again for uni a few weeks ago. As revenge, as I later found out, he gave my new phone number to my ex best friends and I have since been getting numerous anonymous calls and texts saying a lot of abusive things which I can't repeat on here. The first call I answered I thought it was a telemarketer or something but I instantly recognised my ex friend's voices shouting abuse down the phone and instantly hung up. I have since changed my phone number but I am scared to go back home even to visit family. Should I take police action?
Reply 1
You can take police action as this would be considered harassment. Bullying, especially on social media is taken very serious these days.

However, standing up to them usually does the trick. Bullies usually pick on those who they think are weaker than them.

Are they likely to attack you? Or try and harm you in any way? This would be a police matter if you fear for your safety.

good luck and I hope you can get this sorted out.
(edited 9 years ago)
You should definitely go to the police. If they sent you abusive texts you could use that as evidence as well as doing things like taking screenshots of any abusive Facebook page or messages to you because this is all harassment. It sounds like it has clearly gone further than mere bullying and it is a crime. These girls
sound obsessed and deranged to be honest. The best thing you can do is go to the police as soon as possible. Good luck! xx
I cant believe you've endured this. Round up all the evidence and take action against these girls. Quite frankly they're behaving ludicrously, exceeding just bullying and going into the harassment zone. Hope it all goes okay.
Childish girls still hung over some argument you had over a year ago.

You've clearly moved on, it's a shame they haven't. They're so pathetic.

Yes, take police action. Screenshot all the FB posts, pages about you, call history, text messages, record some calls if you have to. The least you should do is get a restraining order.
You neither have to abuse then nor you have to be scared! Next time if they repeat this, just do one thing: SHOUT as loud as you can so that they get embarrassed. Trust me, harassment is not excepted.
Reply 6
tell the police get all the evidence you can and report them!!! this can't be accepted!!! good luck!xxx :smile:
God you'd think by now (assuming they're around 18/19) they would've grown up by now and would've stopped being so petty and moved on. I agree with the other posters, get all the evidence you can and take it to the police. Cyber bullying is taken very seriously nowadays due to the fatal consequences it can have, and hopefully the use of legal action will force these girls to realise what they're doing is NOT okay in any way shape or form.

I'm glad they didn't cost you your uni place OP :smile:
It makes you think though doesn't it, if someones life was going well they wouldn't even have the time to harass others, they'll be too busy enjoying their own life, that's what you need to remember.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending