How to choose which IB's to apply for Watch

Paladin of Derp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys

I'm applying for summer analyst internships.

So obviously you have the bulge brackets and the boutiques, I'm going to apply to both, but within both I'm struggling to come up with a shortlist of say 5 banks to apply to.

However would it be advisable to literally apply to as many as possible?

How do I go about researching the culture and the pro's and con's of each bank, thoughts? comments?

Thanks!
PrincePauper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Paladin of Derp)
Hey guys

I'm applying for summer analyst internships.

So obviously you have the bulge brackets and the boutiques, I'm going to apply to both, but within both I'm struggling to come up with a shortlist of say 5 banks to apply to.

However would it be advisable to literally apply to as many as possible?

How do I go about researching the culture and the pro's and con's of each bank, thoughts? comments?

Thanks!
Why would you restrict your apps to just five when you can apply to all? Apps are like raffle tickets, the more you have, the better the chance. Do you seriously think you will get to the final round stage for each of those 5 banks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PrincePauper)
Why would you restrict your apps to just five when you can apply to all? Apps are like raffle tickets, the more you have, the better the chance. Do you seriously think you will get to the final round stage for each of those 5 banks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
pretty much this. unless ur oxbridge (top class maths student), you probaby dont hav the luxury to choose at which IBb yu're deffo goin to get a intern at, given the level of competition
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (49)
29.34%
No - I got the required grades (97)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (21)
12.57%

Watched Threads