Interesting topics to write 5000 words about? Watch

llanber
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've got to do a 5000 word dissertation on any topic I want it could be anything from "why is the sky blue?" to "should we be using modern science to help alter and develop the human race".
And to be honest I'm struggling to come up with a unique and interesting essay topic.
Do you have any ideas on any interesting topics?
yasi98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I’m not sure how good any of these will be, but in my philosophy class we regularly have discussions/debated for an hour and these were the most successful:
-when does a foetus have the right to life? (this can easily cover a discussion about when a person is fully conscious, do we have the right to determine when someone can live, abortion, children who will be disabled/ born into unable families or who are product of rape and issues surrounding the right to life such as determining whether a terminally ill man has more of a right to life than an unborn child who has not yet contributed to society)
- Is suicide selfish
- should prostitution be legalised?
- is patriotism a form of arrogance?

http://www.debate.org/
this website has a range of topic discussions/debates which may be useful for your essay
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (267)
54.16%
18-20 years old (no) (64)
12.98%
20-25 years old (yes) (84)
17.04%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.83%
25-30 years old (yes) (26)
5.27%