The Student Room Group

do you get bored if your gf/bf?

I mean you've been dating and seeing each other everyday. You have talked about every getting to know topic.

Don't you get bored? Run out of things to talk about.. What do you talk about .. Do you text all the time? About what?

I've never had a boyfriend but I'm scared he or I will get bored and it would be awkward when we have nothing to talk about
Reply 1
I've been with my bf for 5 years and lived with him for nearly 4 and about 99% of the time, I don't feel bored with him or around him. I've noticed if I have PMS then sometimes I find him boring and irritating but that's it.
I see him pretty much 24/7 and when we aren't together, we're always texting. Texts are usually a mix of general chit chat, our own banter, I miss/love you stuff and things like that. I never feel like we don't have anything to talk about though I can imagine a lot of couples do get into that cycle. We were best friends before going out so we were already used to talking and texting constantly so nothing changed for us once we started going out. Like today he is at college and sometimes I would go up and have lunch with him and revise while I waited on him to finish since I get too distracted when trying to revise at home but today I wasn't feeling so good so didn't come up and he just called me there for 20 mins at break, then he'll call me at lunch and then on the way home. We've always been like this and we always still find something to talk about. I wouldn't have our relationship any other way :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
There's usually always something to talk about, you're so entwined in to each other's lives, that something happening, regardless of how insignificant it is, will affect or create an opinion with your SO.

My advise though would be to not force the conversation. Don't be texting just for the sake of texting and write "so....what you up to?" if there's literally nothing to talk about. Let conversation start and flow naturally.
I live with my boyfriend; we've been officially together for about eighteen months, dating for nearly two years and I can honestly say I've never been bored of our relationship. We don't text constantly (everyone needs space), when we're apart during the day (work / college / university etc.), but we swap texts if it's important and see one another in the evenings (talk about what we've done in our days etc., etc.).
I've been married nearly 10 years and we've been together over 13 years. No, we're not bored of each other. Well sometimes if he's waffling on about something dull I just zone out for a few minutes. No big deal.
When I get bored of our relationship, I usually chat to her mates and flirt and stuff. Although it's only ever gone past that twice which I kinda regret.
Its how you find out whether you are meant to be :smile:

I‘ve been with my boyfriend for 5 years, we still talk on the phone for two hours every night and he still makes me laugh like no tomorrow.

If you are bored within a few months, it’s best to let them go and move on in my opinion.
Original post by Anonymous
I mean you've been dating and seeing each other everyday. You have talked about every getting to know topic.

Don't you get bored? Run out of things to talk about.. What do you talk about .. Do you text all the time? About what?

I've never had a boyfriend but I'm scared he or I will get bored and it would be awkward when we have nothing to talk about

First sentence is the purpose of a relationship. Second is not true. I thought the same before I got serious with a bloke. Then you learn you never fully know anyone, there's always something new to learn especially if you keep that spark going :smile: It only gets boring if a person gets bored. And who gets bored of someone? Someone whose eyes they've looked deeply into. Someone who's let them inside their home, their life, their mind, and heart? Someone who you should have done the same for? That's just mean. :s-smilie: And weird.
I've been with my boyfriend for several years, and I don't feel bored with him. We don't do everything together all the time (we each enjoy our own space and we have our own interests), so there's always something to talk about.

Sure, if he talks about music software for too long my eyes sort of glaze over and if I talk about my coursework for too long he probably goes on autopilot, but that's different to being bored with a person, and I'm still happy that he's enjoying himself and he's always encouraging me about my studies.

I don't think I'll ever grow bored of him, or of being with him. He's a wonderful person and every day brings something new. We all learn and grow and change throughout our lives, and it's really interesting to do so with someone you care about.
(edited 9 years ago)
If you get bored constantly of your bf/gf then you'll probably just end up breaking up :dontknow:
Original post by Hydroxy
I want this.

I had it a few years back and haven't managed to find it again since.

Took it for granted when I had it, they seem increasingly difficult to find as you grow older.

Here's hoping you find your match soon. :grin:
Yeah, bored as **** all the time wow.

EDIT: no I don't of course not, she's the greatest person alive and I love her with all my heart and scrotum. My Tanny. <3
No, I'm not bored of her.

We don't see each other every day, which is good because it gives us time to ''forget" about how we look, and by forget I mean that our attraction (both physical and emotional) boils over.

Every single time we see each other after 2 weeks of not seeing each other, it feels like we're still on our 2nd date, which is awesome :biggrin:, at least to us.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending