S_Light
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey there.
My teacher from last year left and the new one says things contradicting what I've been told before.
In AS I've been told that when mentioning a case in an essay, it is not so important to put down a year of that case(apart from exceptions like the Practice Statement(London Street Tramway) and a handful more in unit 2 scenario questions where it plays a key role in making a conclusion).
This year my new teacher tells me that I need to learn every single date for every single case, like for example the case of Blaue to demonstrate thin-skull rule in actus reus, Pagett as an example of factual causation, etc.
What is your opinion, is A2 really that much stricter or is my new teacher going a bit too far?
clearano
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey there,

I got a sister who said the same things too. Apparently she said that if you remember the dates, you'll get extra marks. I doubt it though. I think she did remember the whole thing lol. (i don't even know how). I don't think it matters, as long as you know the case name and briefly link it to which it illustrate to and you'll be ok. c:
neal95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by S_Light)
Hey there.
My teacher from last year left and the new one says things contradicting what I've been told before.
In AS I've been told that when mentioning a case in an essay, it is not so important to put down a year of that case(apart from exceptions like the Practice Statement(London Street Tramway) and a handful more in unit 2 scenario questions where it plays a key role in making a conclusion).
This year my new teacher tells me that I need to learn every single date for every single case, like for example the case of Blaue to demonstrate thin-skull rule in actus reus, Pagett as an example of factual causation, etc.
What is your opinion, is A2 really that much stricter or is my new teacher going a bit too far?
Hi, although i do aqa law many of the cases are obviously the same. We were generally taught that putting the case name is enough when discussing precedents and such, however, if you can put the year in brackets, why not? My teacher said it can get you extra marks but i didn't ask to
Elaborate too much. You will find that many cases in similar points of law come
One after another for example the foresight of consequences cases are around 1983-1986 except wool in whih is 1988. Same for Ireland and burstow (1997) etc . Don't worry too much about the dates especially at the start of the year, you will soon be able to remember them of the top of your head when you revise/ do mocks etc. Our teacher used to test us every so often by asking individuals in the class the names and precedent of cases
A1112787
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got an A* in OCR Law without using case dates. You don't receive marks for them. The marks come from the name of the case, its facts and how you evaluate or apply those facts in an essay or scenario.
S_Light
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Yay, that's cool, thank you all a lot. That's what I was hoping for, so the memory space in my head can be saved up for other things
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (254)
34.09%
No (491)
65.91%

Watched Threads