Giulia Z
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Lifted from the University of Bath Biomed entry requirements page:

"Why do you want to study this programme? Please make it clear why you are wanting to study Biomedical Sciences and not Biomedical Science."

What is the difference?
nerdcake
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Giulia Z)
Lifted from the University of Bath Biomed entry requirements page:

"Why do you want to study this programme? Please make it clear why you are wanting to study Biomedical Sciences and not Biomedical Science."

What is the difference?
I have no clue, but bumping this in the hope somebody else will. I'm intrigued, and it's not even the course I'm applying for! I guess the easiest way to find out is to email Bath and ask, which I might do later if nobody knows, seeing as I'm not applying to them at all so it doesn't matter if they think I'm stupid for asking.
Estee92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No idea! I was berated once for writing 'Biomedical Sciences'' by a lecturer, so I assume there must be a difference? Maybe accredited are 'science' and non-accredited 'sciences(S)'?
Giulia Z
Rep:
?
(Original post by nerdcake)
I have no clue, but bumping this in the hope somebody else will. I'm intrigued, and it's not even the course I'm applying for! I guess the easiest way to find out is to email Bath and ask, which I might do later if nobody knows, seeing as I'm not applying to them at all so it doesn't matter if they think I'm stupid for asking.
Hahas do tell me the answer! Getting a reply from any e-mail you send them will take at least a week, they take a long time since they're full up as their automated e-mail says. I might as well ask
Giulia Z
Rep:
?
(Original post by Estee92)
No idea! I was berated once for writing 'Biomedical Sciences'' by a lecturer, so I assume there must be a difference? Maybe accredited are 'science' and non-accredited 'sciences(S)'?
This is really killing me...Googling it sure doesn't help...maybe? Maybe in 'sciences' you do more than just biomedical but other modules may be not strictly biomedical based?
nerdcake
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Giulia Z)
Hahas do tell me the answer! Getting a reply from any e-mail you send them will take at least a week, they take a long time since they're full up as their automated e-mail says. I might as well ask
I've just emailed the admissions office to ask. I will update when I have an answer.
Fortauna
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I went to an open day for bath and they mentioned this. If I remember rightly, without the 's' is the accredited course and with the 's' is non accredited. But I'm not 100% sure on that.
Giulia Z
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fortauna)
I went to an open day for bath and they mentioned this. If I remember rightly, without the 's' is the accredited course and with the 's' is non accredited. But I'm not 100% sure on that.
Oh really? Now I'm worried because I'm applying for an unaccredited course...
Giulia Z
Rep:
?
Attention, attention anyone still watching this thread:

I recently saw a representative from the University of Bath and asked her this very question. Her reply was that this course aims at a wide range of biomedical science modules (true), and is there to convince the university the people who applied to it aren't just medical applicants who picked it in case they don't get on to do medicine, but people who are genuinely interested in doing a biomedical course with so many different options available.
I guess that solves it?
I also e-mailed the IBMS and they explained to me the importance of accreditation in their degrees. And Bath's biomedical course is accredited as well. I think that solves it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed