The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Is it worth doing the Foundation Premedical sciences?

I have applied for medicine 2014 and got interviews but no offers. I decided to apply for medicine 2015 but I ended up with a B in chemistry A-level and I have done my UKCAT for this year and didn't get a good enough score.

So I am thinking about applying for this premedical sciences course at Bradford University, but i also have the option of going abroad and doing Medicine. Therefore, I want to know whether it is worth doing this course, how the course is and the chances of me actually getting onto Leeds for Medicine.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fats2
I have applied for medicine 2014 and got interviews but no offers. I decided to apply for medicine 2015 but I ended up with a B in chemistry A-level and I have done my UKCAT for this year and didn't get a good enough score.

So I am thinking about applying for this premedical sciences course at Bradford University, but i also have the option of going abroad and doing Medicine. Therefore, I want to know whether it is worth doing this course, how the course is and the chances of me actually getting onto Leeds for Medicine.

About 120 people in foundation year, max 20 places for transfer. Thats the chances. Every single person on the course wants transfer so its still competitive
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 2
Original post by fats2

Just a note-the course is actually clinical science (its worth knowing what the course you're applying for is called:redface:) I spoke to the admissions tutor and you have to get a minimum of 80% average first year with no test under 70%, this is just to be allowed to apply. Consider whether first you would be comfortable completing that course if you didn't make it onto the transfer to medicine because to be fair it is highly unlikely, but that doesn't mean its impossible, just hard work!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending