The Student Room Group

3A* predictions CRAZY?

hello,

i did my A2 levels last year and got BBC, so i am retaking this year and there is a possibilty i will be predicted 3A*'s. i have a reason that my referee is going to explain to admissions tutors via reference..

would unis take me seriously?

whats better A*A*A or A*A*A* in my scenario?
Reply 1
How did you do so badly if you're predicted A*A*A*?
Reply 2
I believe that both are very high. Going from BBC to A*A*A* or even A*A*A doesn't sound very realistic to me.
Just get the grades first mate then think about applying.
Reply 4
hello,i only need to take 1 AS module as my AS grades are AABC, (the B subject)... i got an offer last time and missed it requirements being (A*AA) THEY HAVE ENCOURAGED ME TO REAPPLY.... would it be better to be predicted A*A*A or A*A*A*?...
surely its better to be predicted 3A*'s... i mean one teacher yes but all 3 teachers cant be on crack and overpredict me surely? and unis will realise this?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Dilzo999
Just get the grades first mate then think about applying.

that will be 2 years gone:s-smilie:
Reply 6
No, universities will not take an A*A*A* prediction seriously with BBC at A-Level. They wouldn't take an AAA prediction seriously either.

EDIT: Unless you have extenuating circumstances
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Noble.
No, universities will not take an A*A*A* prediction seriously with BBC at A-Level. They wouldn't take an AAA prediction seriously either.

why is this?
AAB is more likely and more realistic. With a ton of retakes, you could possibly look at AAA, with good EC's you may stretch to A*AA, but honestly anything more is unlikely.
Reply 9
Original post by Alpha 3
why is this?

Unless you have extenuating circumstances, very few people will turn BBC into AAA, never mind A*A*A*.
Reply 10
Original post by Noble.
Unless you have extenuating circumstances, very few people will turn BBC into AAA, never mind A*A*A*.

i have circumstances that will be taked about, i wouldnt say extenuating though(reason that means i wouldnt have had as much time as i should for studies)

... thanks alot, but on a final note do you think it would be better to be predicted A*A*A then?:redface:
Reply 11
For the A* grades he doesn't need to resit any modules in his B grade subject, he just needs 90% at A2. He will need 90%+ in his C grade, which can be lowered if he resits some modules of that subject
Reply 12
Original post by Dylann
For the A* grades he doesn't need to resit any modules in his B grade subject, he just needs 90% at A2. He will need 90%+ in his C grade, which can be lowered if he resits some modules of that subject

Yeah but universities have to believe you are pf the calibre to actually get 90%. Getting a C at AS (which are usually a fair bit easier than A2) doesn't really make that point. Straight A candidates don't even have any guarantee of turning that into straight A*s.
Reply 13
Original post by TVIO
Yeah but universities have to believe you are pf the calibre to actually get 90%. Getting a C at AS (which are usually a fair bit easier than A2) doesn't really make that point. Straight A candidates don't even have any guarantee of turning that into straight A*s.

Oh of course I totally agree, but as for actually achieving the grades, he needn't resit if he just wants A*. Very unlikely Unis will believe he can reach A* after C at AS unless he excelled at GCSE or his extenuating circumstances really affected his performance
try for A* AA as 3A* or 2A*and A are not requirement for most courses unless you apply for Maths at top top uni.

Quick Reply

Latest