The Student Room Group

Females/Males - Best age to have a child?

What do you think the best age to have a child is?

I recently read an article that women should have their babied in their 20's - so that they could go back into work after and climb the corporate ladder rather than stopping and starting. For males, most decide to settle down late 20's/30's.

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Im female (20) and am currently making incredibly good progress in my career. I really can't see how I can be the best at what I do and have children (id be doing well if I achieved just one of them..!)
I don't think I'll ever be able to have children.. :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would say late 20s / early 30s, as by then you have matured enough, and are hopefully financially stable.
There's no "best age" it entirely depends on circumstance and personal preference and individual maturity.
Well for me it's about 28 or something, but obviously it depends on who you are and when you wanna do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Women 25, men 30
Original post by Zarek
Women 25, men 30

BOOOO NO WE DONT LIKE. BOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never. Children smell and require constant attention. :unimpressed:
It depends on the person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yeah dude
BOOOO NO WE DONT LIKE. BOOOOOOOOOOO

Where's the love dude?
Original post by blackened_sky
Never. Children smell and require constant attention. :unimpressed:

because you were never a child :rolleyes:
Original post by furbybrain
Im female (20) and am currently making incredibly good progress in my career. I really can't see how I can be the best at what I do and have children (id be doing well if I achieved just one of them..!)
I don't think I'll ever be able to have children.. :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This. I doubt a woman can have children and be super duper successful at what she does .
Original post by RHyoudon'kno
Where's the love dude?

Oh yeah, make love not war dude, I was just sayin that the answer was kinda restricted that you have to be a certain age, when you don't have to be any certain age to make love not war maaaaan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheTechN1304
because you were never a child :rolleyes:

No, I was grown in a test tube and released at the age of 16.
Late 20s, early-mid 30s. You want them late enough that you've progressed far enough in your work to be financially stable (not gonna happen in your early 20s), but not too old that after they're left home you retire straight away (40s).
Original post by Yeah dude
Oh yeah, make love not war dude, I was just sayin that the answer was kinda restricted that you have to be a certain age, when you don't have to be any certain age to make love not war maaaaan

Lies.
Original post by geneticist
This. I doubt a woman can have children and be super duper successful at what she does .

The Queen
Margaret Thatcher
Cherie Blair QC
Hilary Clinton
Angelina Jolie
Yvette Cooper
Justine Thornton

and thousands more.
women: 28
men: 32
27 onwards, the OH is thinking around 23 (a few years)... it ain't happening.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending