Obiejess
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So basically I go out and work every saturday, earning £10 a week. I used some of my money to buy herbal tea and then my dad decided to throw it out because apparently every time I make tea I make mess. I paid for that tea, completely with my own money and I'm 15. I had to buy my own butter the other day and then my Mum used it all up for cooking too. It's not like I'm loaded, I mean 7 hours, no breaks, for a tenner is just stupid.

I asked my Dad for the money back amd he said right after you pay me back for everything you've ever broken. They're my ****ing parents!

I know I'm just ranting but I mean wtf I get no pocket money from them or anything, yet they expect me to do loads.

What can I do? I can't just keep spending money for them to take it from me as they please!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
+ polarity -
Report 6 years ago
Where are you working that they pay you that much for 7 hours of work?
Obiejess
Rep:
?
(Original post by + polarity -)
Where are you working that they pay you that much for 7 hours of work?
Some ****ty cafe.

It's awful but I'm saving up for bus fare to college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That does sound pretty unfair, but I don't think there's really a lot you can do other than trying to have a mature conversation about it :/
Ronove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Obiejess)
So basically I go out and work every saturday, earning £10 a week. I used some of my money to buy herbal tea and then my dad decided to throw it out because apparently every time I make tea I make mess. I paid for that tea, completely with my own money and I'm 15. I had to buy my own butter the other day and then my Mum used it all up for cooking too. It's not like I'm loaded, I mean 7 hours, no breaks, for a tenner is just stupid.

I asked my Dad for the money back amd he said right after you pay me back for everything you've ever broken. They're my ****ing parents!

I know I'm just ranting but I mean wtf I get no pocket money from them or anything, yet they expect me to do loads.

What can I do? I can't just keep spending money for them to take it from me as they please!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/index/inf...ng-workers.htm

You should be getting at least a 30 minute break (probably longer if you're there for seven hours, that's after you've worked 4.5 hours).
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
"Accidentally" break something of his.
Steezy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Explain to him that it's not really motivating you to work, that your meagre pay is being thrown away...

£10 for 7 hours pay... You'd be much better off with a paper round surely??
Obiejess
Rep:
?
(Original post by Steezy)
Explain to him that it's not really motivating you to work, that your meagre pay is being thrown away...

£10 for 7 hours pay... You'd be much better off with a paper round surely??
They wont let me get a paper round.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Obiejess
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ronove)
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/index/inf...ng-workers.htm

You should be getting at least a 30 minute break (probably longer if you're there for seven hours, that's after you've worked 4.5 hours).
It's not 'contract work'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arkasia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JC.)
"Accidentally" break something of his.
Don't do this.
Steezy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They wont let me get a paper round.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Parents are *****
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not 'contract work'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It doesn't matter whether its contract work or not, you're still entitled to a breakif you work so many hours

Simple solution with the tea... make sure you clean up after yourself properly.
aka r
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
£10 for 7 hours jheeze i know illegal Romanian earning more
spanker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not even minimum wage...

If you were on minimum, you would get around £25 not £10.

EDIT: Just read that minimum wage doesn't apply for 16 and under.

Sucks to be you.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
why are you bothering to work for like £1 an hour?

just keep all your stuff in your room
AlphaDog0127
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Keep your tea in your room in future/create a hiding space. I had to do this with my coffee You should see about getting a different job though, you are being seriously underpaid! At under 18 years of age you are entitled to 3.79 an hour, is it a cash in hand type job?
Obiejess
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlphaDog0127)
Keep your tea in your room in future/create a hiding space. I had to do this with my coffee You should see about getting a different job though, you are being seriously underpaid! At under 18 years of age you are entitled to 3.79 an hour, is it a cash in hand type job?
Yeah and at 15 I am owed nothing. Do you know how hard it is to find work at all under 16?

Posted from TSR Mobile
AlphaDog0127
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah and at 15 I am owed nothing. Do you know how hard it is to find work at all under 16?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know exactly how hard it is... as a rule it seems it's all down to connections. My parents have no connections whatsoever lol. I asked around my friends etc to see if their bosses were hiring or needed extra help and ended up getting a trial run and then taken on for their company How long until you are 16?
Edminzodo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Talk to them about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Obiejess
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlphaDog0127)
I know exactly how hard it is... as a rule it seems it's all down to connections. My parents have no connections whatsoever lol. I asked around my friends etc to see if their bosses were hiring or needed extra help and ended up getting a trial run and then taken on for their company How long until you are 16?
November

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.53%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (545)
48.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed