The Student Room Group

Student Finance System Error - Manual Payment - Received nothing.

I am in my final year of university.
I applied as normal gave in all my details.

I expected payment on time - I noticed something strange on my account which was a request for a child grant form. I phoned them up and said I don't have children - they then told me there was an error on the system and they'd sort it out.

This was almost two months ago.

One advisor told me he would sort it out as soon as the call was over and I'd be paid in 3-4 working days. He said that they just didn't do anything about it and ignored it despite the 5-6 previous calls.

It's been 5 days now and I've got no money and rent is due on Monday (Private university accommodation).

The last person I spoke to, told me that because there's a system error and it requires manual payment he couldn't give me a time estimate.

I've been calling almost daily. I shouldn't have to. There's no error on my part. I don't know why I'm expecting a solution from this forum lol.

I have a headache.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello

Am sorry when it come's to payments you need to contact us on 0300 100 0607 so we can look at your account specifics.

Thanks
Hi,I appreciate this is an old thread.But I am stuck in same situation, I have applied for my 4th year of medical degree at uni and they just keep saying it is a system error. I am due to pay for my child care and rent soon, and with a pandemic added , it is playing with my mental health. I do not know what to do.
Original post by dvani0909
Hi,I appreciate this is an old thread.But I am stuck in same situation, I have applied for my 4th year of medical degree at uni and they just keep saying it is a system error. I am due to pay for my child care and rent soon, and with a pandemic added , it is playing with my mental health. I do not know what to do.

Hi there, please give us a call on 0300 100 0607 or private message us on Facebook/Twitter with your name and CRN.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
I am having the same issue with Student Finance Wales. They told me there was an error on the system and they are trying to fix it almost over a month and I am still waiting. I am a PHD student, this is appalling. Dvani did you sort it your problem?
Am having the same issue with student finance England, the told Me there has been student error on My Portal and promised to make a manual payment but nothing has arrived yet, My question is how long does it take to fix this errors, because We are always told no time limit which is very unfair.
Original post by Nkpukpo10
Am having the same issue with student finance England, the told Me there has been student error on My Portal and promised to make a manual payment but nothing has arrived yet, My question is how long does it take to fix this errors, because We are always told no time limit which is very unfair.

Hi, please call us on 0300 100 0607 or message us on Facebook/Twitter and we can review your account.
There is no timescale for a system error.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi, i’m in the same situation now. How long till they solved the issue?
WHY IS NOONE REPLYING how long does it take to fix????? theyve done the same thing to me and im due to get evicted if they dont fix it fast they NEVER LISTEN! ive been tearing out my hair for the last 6 weeks over this
Original post by watlesssfe
WHY IS NOONE REPLYING how long does it take to fix????? theyve done the same thing to me and im due to get evicted if they dont fix it fast they NEVER LISTEN! ive been tearing out my hair for the last 6 weeks over this

Hi there,

Where manual payments are required we aim to make these in line with the term start dates in the same way that payments would usually be made.
Before manual payments can be arranged the application must be approved and the university must also confirm registration on the course.
As we can only provide general information here, I would recommend that you contact our team either by phone or Live Chat, so that we can take a look at your account and provide more specific guidance.

Thanks,
Tina.
Reply 10
Original post by watlesssfe

Hi, was the issue fixed? If so, how long did it take? Currently dealing with this
Original post by Katia123
Hi, was the issue fixed? If so, how long did it take? Currently dealing with this

Hi there, We can assist further with your query of you can contact us direct. You can call us on 0300 100 0607 or by using our live chat service - You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending