Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    When ever I have got a new mobo, I have always formatted and reinstalled, otherwise you end up getting driver conflicts.
    or the OS wont start at all

I like to format every 6months or so, keeps everthing running sweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    or the OS wont start at all

I like to format every 6months or so, keeps everthing running sweet
    Luckily I have 2 hdds, so I keep all my stuff on one, and have the OS on the other one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Luckily I have 2 hdds, so I keep all my stuff on one, and have the OS on the other one.
    Same here! althought i have an OS on each

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I don't. I hardly ever format and I've never had to when getting a new MB either. The OS should be able to adapt, I don't see why there would be driver conflicts.
    Doesnt always tho piggy, sometimes the OS doesnt like it one bit. I dont know about driver conflicts, but you would have a load of drivers installed that you didnt need. Format makes it nice and fresh

ReputationRep:
    athlon 64 is the way to go go go!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I don't. I hardly ever format and I've never had to when getting a new MB either. The OS should be able to adapt, I don't see why there would be driver conflicts.
    You have all the old mobo drivers, as well as all the new mobo drivers, so they will conflict, especially with things like PCI and AGP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superomega1)
    athlon 64 is the way to go go go!!!
    But you need to get a cmpletely new mobo as well, not to mention some decent RAM and a graphics card to make the most of it, so it can work out expensive.

ReputationRep:
    it costs money but it would be worth it and plus you wouldnt be needing to upgrade it for a few good years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superomega1)
    it costs money but it would be worth it and plus you wouldnt be needing to upgrade it for a few good years.
    Maybe, but on a student's budget, it is a bit expensive. You should stick to the higher athlons for the moment, as they are quite cheap.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.