readingschoolguy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm really confused as to what UCAS points are. Could someone explain them to me? Do they count in my application for uni? Do I get points from GCSEs?

And do Duke of Edinburgh awards give UCAS points too?
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by readingschoolguy)
I'm really confused as to what UCAS points are. Could someone explain them to me? Do they count in my application for uni? Do I get points from GCSEs?

And do Duke of Edinburgh awards give UCAS points too?
UCAS points are a way of quantifying your Level 3 qualifications. Whether they're important or not depends on where you're applying to. Most high-tier universities don't use UCAS points (they give you offers based on grades instead) but a number of universities give you offers in terms of UCAS points rather than grades. The information on how many UCAS points you get for certain qualifications is found on the UCAS website.

You only get points of Level 3 qualifications so no, neither GCSEs or DoE give you UCAS points.
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
AS Levels - A-60, B-50, C-40 and so on.
A2- A*-140, A-120, B-100 and so on. Note, taking the A2 in a subject you already have means that the AS points no longer count, and just the A2 ones exist. GCSEs certainly don't count, and I'm not certain about DofE but I don't think it does. Musics grades, EPQ and other stuff can count.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (134)
61.47%
I don't have everything I need (84)
38.53%

Watched Threads