This discussion is closed.
bassam
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
what part time jobs can a 14 year old do other than paper rounds?
kissit
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bassam)
I worked on a farm at 14. Mainly worked with the horses but if you dont like horses there are plenty of other thing for you to do on a farm.
Farm owners are normally always ready to take on a helping hand!
Good luck!
tigZoR
Report 16 years ago
i remember back in the days when i was 14 i used to work in a newsagent. wages were ok I guess well for that time £4.50 an hour? thats what you would get if you were to work at mcDonalds now :eek:
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As long as you can get permission from your school, you can work upto 4 hours a week doing most things. I worked in a shop in town on a saturday pm.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
As long as you can get permission from your school, you can work upto 4 hours a week doing most things. I worked in a shop in town on a saturday pm.
most shops have a over-6 policy because they require national insurance number and they won't let under 16 work on tils.

best bet for an under 16 year old is working in a restauarnt/cafe either waiting or kitchen porting etc.

lou xxx
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
most shops have a over-6 policy because they require national insurance number and they won't let under 16 work on tils.

best bet for an under 16 year old is working in a restauarnt/cafe either waiting or kitchen porting etc.

lou xxx
Restaurants require NI numbers too!!!

You can apply for a number that will let you work! I can't remeber the ins and outs of it as I was 14, er 14 years ago (O...M...G...!)
bassam
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
What kind of jobs can u do in a cafe?
risk-is-good
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What kind of jobs can u do in a cafe?
Stockbrokers or barristers are usually cafe employees.
rutty81
Report 16 years ago
I worked in a hairdressers when I was 14. All day Saturday and one night in the week. Didn't pay too much but good for a little extra spending money.
naelse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've been working in a library for £6/hr since the age of 14. They issue you with a temporary national insurance number so it's not really a problem. I would suggest trying as many shops/businesses in the area as you can. Most places are reluctant to employ under 16s or even under 19s but if you catch them when they're desperate for staff, like I did, you might be lucky.
Jak Spencer
Report 16 years ago
I cut grass when i was 14 - no money in that

I also worked in a local patesserie, - that was a bit dodgey tho, i'm not sure it was legal
ikkle_emmie
Report 16 years ago
undefinedundefined hi
im 14 and i have a national insurance number and have done since i was 5 becuz my mum gets money for me from the council from a fund that my dad payed into does this mean i could maybe get a job as a waitress at a resteraunt because i have an NI?
sum1 let me no plz im short of money an i need it
m x
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
don't expect to get work in any restaurants or cafes as in most of them you have to be over 18, no exceptions. Perhaps if you were looking at a small village family run place then it would be different, but the law is the law and if anywhere has even a drop of acohol and there are under 18 either working or on the premises they will be stripped of their license. Sorry, but I have worked in restaurants for 5 years and I have never seen anyone under the age of 16 working in them.
Alex H
Report 16 years ago
Football Referee? We get paid 18 pounds per game at the lowest level and if its an under 12 game a younger its is only 30 mins each way which is 18 pounds per hour!
Ryan86
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alex H)
Football Referee? We get paid 18 pounds per game at the lowest level and if its an under 12 game a younger its is only 30 mins each way which is 18 pounds per hour!
There is only a certain number of referees required :cool: lol
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i'm 14 but am going 2 be sitting my standard grade exams (scottish version of GCSE) this year. i am just 1 of the younger people in my year. Where could i get a saturday job and how would i go about getting 1? Me and my best friend are plannin on going about our town job hunting soon and i was also wonderin if places such as Safeway or the indian resteraunts, etc would consider hiring us to post leaflets through peoples doors.
pink_lucie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ikkle_emmie)
undefinedundefined hi
im 14 and i have a national insurance number and have done since i was 5 becuz my mum gets money for me from the council from a fund that my dad payed into does this mean i could maybe get a job as a waitress at a resteraunt because i have an NI?
sum1 let me no plz im short of money an i need it
m x
how the hell did you get a NI?
i want one if i can get job, for work experience i worked in pizza hut, it was really really fun, so could i work there?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (77)
48.13%
Take exams next summer (28)
17.5%
Change uni choice through clearing (37)
23.13%
Apply to uni next year instead (14)
8.75%
I'm not applying to university (4)
2.5%

Watched Threads