kandykissesxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
If it isn't in the specification should i not cover it? For example: my teacher covered microscopy in class so we learnt about light, scanning electron and transmission electron microscopes but on the spec it says 'to discuss the principles and limitations of scanning electron microscope' please help!
username1423899
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Although it isn't 100% necessary to know topics that aren't on the spec, because of the high proportion of application questions in the test I would definitely recommend having at least a basic understanding of associated topics. It's not worth doing badly in the exam because you couldn't be bothered to do a bit of extra reading or take in the additional information from your teacher.

Also you do need to know about the different types of microscopes (I did it last year)
kandykissesxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by leemer)
although it isn't 100% necessary to know topics that aren't on the spec, because of the high proportion of application questions in the test i would definitely recommend having at least a basic understanding of associated topics. It's not worth doing badly in the exam because you couldn't be bothered to do a bit of extra reading or take in the additional information from your teacher.

Also you do need to know about the different types of microscopes (i did it last year)
ok thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
22.39%
Excited but a bit nervous (117)
45.17%
Not bothered either way (34)
13.13%
I'm really nervous (50)
19.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise