The Student Room Group

Help please. Biology aqa as

If it isn't in the specification should i not cover it? For example: my teacher covered microscopy in class so we learnt about light, scanning electron and transmission electron microscopes but on the spec it says 'to discuss the principles and limitations of scanning electron microscope' please help!
Although it isn't 100% necessary to know topics that aren't on the spec, because of the high proportion of application questions in the test I would definitely recommend having at least a basic understanding of associated topics. It's not worth doing badly in the exam because you couldn't be bothered to do a bit of extra reading or take in the additional information from your teacher.

Also you do need to know about the different types of microscopes (I did it last year)
Original post by leemer
although it isn't 100% necessary to know topics that aren't on the spec, because of the high proportion of application questions in the test i would definitely recommend having at least a basic understanding of associated topics. It's not worth doing badly in the exam because you couldn't be bothered to do a bit of extra reading or take in the additional information from your teacher.

Also you do need to know about the different types of microscopes (i did it last year)

ok thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending