This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hi! I was just wondering what would happen if you'd put the wrong centre number or candidate no. on your paper?? coz i think i have put a wrong number by mistake. Please reply as soon as u can. Thanks
Mark Gillan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wouldn't worry about it. I've done things like putting an incorrect candidate number, etc. and I've never had any problems. The exam board will have you on their database anyway.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
ditto. it doesnt really matter as long as you get your name right... you DID get it right, didn't you?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Ya i got my name right...duh! Are u sure it doesnt really matter? I am getting worried!
Mark Gillan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No, it doesn't matter. Nothing to worry about. Concentrate on getting the questions right!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Thanks Gill
I would appreciate if other viewers put their views on this forum
Petrozzi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As long as your name is there you are okay.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
as long as noone else has your name your safe!
Mark Gillan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They've also got your signature as well. So I suppose that the centre number et al. aren't that important.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Its ok they all get sent off together so it will be with a bunch of papers with (hopefully) the right centre nimber on it. I'm sure you're not the only person who's ever done it so don't worry about it!!!
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no, they will match ure name, cand number and centre number untill they find out who u are. There shouldnt be a problem
Mark Gillan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Unless your centre 'misplaces' all the exam papers. LOL.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Thanks alot guys..feel much better. Phy6 2moro is giving me stress. how the hell do u study 5 units in a day?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I realised after the exams that I didn't put the attempted questions on the right-hand column on the answer booklet! I hope that wont cause problems?
Jac
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Doesnt make ne difference, in our skl we never bother to
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my friend put the wrong candidate number + college said it was fine.
i also forgot to put numbers in the right hand column in loads of exams (especially in maths) + iot also said rule off after each question- which i never did. but i'm not stressing about that- just stressing about the rubbish i wrote on all my papers : (
rowei
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The only purpose of putting the question numbers on the front is to make it slightly easier for examiners to transfer marks from inside the script. It won't affect your marks, so don't worry!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I nvere even knew you were supposed to fill in the column till this year, I usually still don't bother.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I also never bother to put the numbers and nothing has happened yet
Powerline
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
ditto. it doesnt really matter as long as you get your name right... you DID get it right, didn't you?

Actually, it DOESmatter if u get it wrong - in an unusual case, if someone else has the same name as you, and also forgot 2 add the candidate number, although this is very unlikely.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.36%
No (596)
65.64%

Watched Threads