Turn on thread page Beta

do YOU care what other ppl think of you? watch

ReputationRep:
    do YOU care what other ppl think of you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    whyyy do you post such nonsense

ReputationRep:
    I think anyone who says "no" is either lying or kidding themselves (i.e. lying!)

ReputationRep:
    To an extent but I don't take their oppinions as gospel I care what the people I care about think of me not strangers

ReputationRep:
    depends what i think of the person. if it is someone i respect i would be upset i they thought something nasty about me.

but it didn't partcicularly bother me that a friend of my ex-bf said i was a cold and heartless *****y ice-queen (althought that is a damn good insult) cos i've never spoken to her properly and she has a very one-sided view of me (it's odd m,y ex-bf is my best friend, but all his other friends hate me for it)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    how is this nonsense?
    you have a tendancy to post lots of new threads i.e. " what won't YOU be happy with " " what do YOU look for in a guy " " what do YOU think of blah blah "

iono.... jst relax a bit =D spread them out..... not in close proximity

ReputationRep:
    I really don't care what people think. I look quite scruffy, I talk to myself and I am openly geeky (I speak klingon in IT). For example, in IT today we were listing policies so I included the first contact policy and the interspecies relationship policy (both from star trek) as valid.

ReputationRep:
    why? it's a free country - i'll post what i like when i like! and if ur sick of them then keep away from my threads that are like this! simple as!
    lol it is a free country, yes you can do what ya like and no i'm not sick of them - i just find it odd how you keep posting threads of the same nature/content ( ish )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    :rolleyes:

If that's true then the poll is useless.
    eggzackley

ReputationRep:
    Feeling insecure eh?

ReputationRep:
    It depends to be honest I just laugh at some of the people that have a go at me because their just hiding from the fact their lifes are so pathetic and they see me when they look in the mirror.

However if I respect that person then it would hurt me if they said somthing bad about me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I really don't care what people think. I look quite scruffy, I talk to myself and I am openly geeky (I speak klingon in IT). For example, in IT today we were listing policies so I included the first contact policy and the interspecies relationship policy (both from star trek) as valid.
    Being uninhibited about "geekiness" isn't quite the same thing. I'm sure every single person that isn't a content hermit cares what other people think of them.

ReputationRep:
    I dont really care what other people think, I do care about what I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYa6)
    lol it is a free country, yes you can do what ya like and no i'm not sick of them - i just find it odd how you keep posting threads of the same nature/content ( ish )
    it's the sociologist in me - what can i say?
    anyway - evry1 knows ppl like talking about ppl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    Feeling insecure eh?
    lol. - another reason

ReputationRep:
    To some extent everyone has to care about what others think. But to take it to extremes which impinge on your life or your character is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I'm not sure how that can be reconciled with your love of fashion
    Oh but it's all about the cut and fabrics... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    To some extent everyone has to care about what others think. But to take it to extremes which impinge on your life or your character is ridiculous.
    Not if you've been indoctrinated throughout your whole life - it becomes a natural reaction to social situations. Rationally, yes it's ridiculous but that doesn't stop people being negatively affected by it for their whole lives.

ReputationRep:
    sometimes, it depends on the people. I.E its one thing if a friend says it, but people i dont know most of the time i really dont care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Oh but it's all about the cut and fabrics... :rolleyes:
    Exactly! I know whats right so ill wear it. Im not going to let some shockingly dressed store assistant tell me something is wrong for me, get real!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.