The Student Room Group

Any more jobs other than customer service?

I failed two interviews, one of which was M&S, the other Next. The assessor said that I have poor customer service skills and I agree. I can't relate to the customer and suggest stuff like alternative items etc. My mind goes blank when I'm put on the spot as I was in role-play interviews where I attend to customer's needs. I think that I also appear very superior to those around me. I don't think I would get along with the kind of 'full time' staff I saw in M&S.

Personally, I hate these kinds of jobs, as I genuinely can't be bothered dealing with people who actually need customer service. Most of the questions customer's ask are obvious and retarded. I think I would end up tearing my hair out after dealing with a load of them. Unfortunately it seems like these are the only kind of part time jobs available which don't require any training.

So, I wonder if there is part time work that doesn't involve this 'pushy' customer service? Preferably a job in which I don't have to be around many people.

Part time office work/Admin maybe?
(edited 9 years ago)
What makes you think you're superior to those that already have a full-time M&S job when you failed to even get a part-time?
Reply 2
Original post by Prince Kael'thas
What makes you think you're superior to those that already have a full-time M&S job when you failed to even get a part-time?

I have a very posh accent. When I was assessed, I elevated myself above the assessor. She saw this and I was immediately disliked. She was a commoner with a very bad accent.

I don't know why I bother applying. I don't care about the staff I work with, only the money. Most people are like this. I, however, can't seem to hide my underlying arrogance.
(edited 9 years ago)
I hope you never find employment. See how far your posh accent and superiority gets you in the dole queue.
Reply 4
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I hope you never find employment. See how far your posh accent and superiority gets you in the dole queue.

Well I have no time for those full-time M&S employees as many of them believe they are superior, when in fact, I am superior to them. I'm at University. They're not. It's great that some people aspire to work in a shop and aspire to be M&S mums and have children or whatever. That's great but I share nothing in common with these people which is ironic as they believe they are somehow 'top of society' when they're not out on their fag breaks. Just no!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
DAT NAME THO. MISS POSH.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
They must have found your Student Room account...
Then go to work in warehouses.
As a person who worked full time at Next for 4 years and then worked in a recycling plant separating materials and never having to speak a word to anyone, I would put you in my second job. It is hard work, and there's not a chance you would feel superior there. So if you ever get desperate enough to go for a job like that, you'd best take that holier than thou hat off first.
Original post by DeceitfulDove
As a person who worked full time at Next for 4 years and then worked in a recycling plant separating materials and never having to speak a word to anyone, I would put you in my second job. It is hard work, and there's not a chance you would feel superior there. So if you ever get desperate enough to go for a job like that, you'd best take that holier than thou hat off first.

Lol she'll probs just claim benefits or find a rich guy and have more money than you

Your job/earnings doesn't define you or your intelligence or worth.
Original post by mathsmathsmaths
Lol she'll probs just claim benefits or find a rich guy and have more money than you

Both extremely commendable choices, of course :facepalm:
If you had a genuine reason to actually be posh you wouldn't need the low wage that an entry level customer service job brings in and could use your time for leisure. Obviously one of these fur coat and no knickers types then.

Sounds like my kind of job :tongue:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Sounds like my kind of job :tongue:

Worst experience ever :zomg:

12 hour night shifts, no heating or air con, only English speaker there, rats running EVERYWHERE, sifting through rotting black bag rubbish that's been sat around for months with crap flying in your face, in your mouth, eyes, ears... Never again.

Couldn't really have done something more different than my cushy 9 hours a day, lovely and warm, bright, well dressed environment in Next :lol:

12 hour night shifts, no heating or air con, only English speaker there, rats running EVERYWHERE, sifting through rotting black bag rubbish that's been sat around for months with crap flying in your face, in your mouth, eyes, ears... Never again.

Maybe not then :tongue:

What else is there to expect from the middle class these days?

Quick Reply

Latest