One Direction
Reply 4
Black Veil Brides

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rebecca black, only on Fridays though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Nickelback lol.

I love nickel back, mainly cos I wanna be a rockstar and have a bathroom I can play baseball in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Nickelback, One Direction.

Rebecca Black and Justin Bieber if singers count too.
Reply 8
Coldplay.
Coldplay & Arctic Monkeys.

But AM are excellent. First two albums are :cool:. Suck It And See is one of the worst albums I have ever heard though. AM is decent. Humbug is OK.
Original post by Mackay
Coldplay.

:biggrin: I don't mind Coldplay though to be fair
U2.
Original post by Wilfred Little
U2.

Back at ya bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Linkin park
Boybands in general
Linkin Park were good back in the day (Meteora was their last good effort IMO, but even Re-Animation was better than it) and I liked Silver Side Up, but the rest of what's been mentioned so far are genuine ****e.

It's hardly "cool" to hate bands if you legit think that their music is weaker than a can of Fosters. Half of what's been mentioned is corporate pop, and that description alone is enough to make me loathe the "artists".
Original post by Drunk Punx
Linkin Park were good back in the day (Meteora was their last good effort IMO, but even Re-Animation was better than it) and I liked Silver Side Up, but the rest of what's been mentioned so far are genuine ****e.

Interestingly, I thoroughly disagree. I'd say their first two albums were the worst. I don't even put Reanimation into the picture as it's not an original album (same goes for Recharged, although what I've heard from that is better than Reanimation). I think Minutes To Midnight was an interesting transition but A Thousand Suns is the best thing they've ever done. I find it hilarious that so many 'die hard Linkin Park fans' hate their more recent material because they started writing songs with more than a handful of power chords played on highly distorted guitars with a mix of harsh vocals by Chester Bennington and raps by Mike Shinoda. I know from our previous conversations that you're not one of these stereotypical "nu-metal is da best ev4r" types, but I thought it pertinent to mention nonetheless.
Living Things was pretty good too, but not as experimental as ATS. I've not heard their latest album; I think it's called "The Hunting Party" or something like that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Manitude
Interestingly, I thoroughly disagree. I'd say their first two albums were the worst. I don't even put Reanimation into the picture as it's not an original album (same goes for Recharged, although what I've heard from that is better than Reanimation). I think Minutes To Midnight was an interesting transition but A Thousand Suns is the best thing they've ever done. I find it hilarious that so many 'die hard Linkin Park fans' hate their more recent material because they started writing songs with more than a handful of power chords played on highly distorted guitars with a mix of harsh vocals by Chester Bennington and raps by Mike Shinoda. I know from our previous conversations that you're not one of these stereotypical "nu-metal is da best ev4r" types, but I thought it pertinent to mention nonetheless.
Living Things was pretty good too, but not as experimental as ATS. I've not heard their latest album; I think it's called "The Hunting Party" or something like that.

That is the first time I have heard anyone say that.

In fact every time they do anything new it always end up being about how they aren't as good as they used to be.
Original post by Devel
That is the first time I have heard anyone say that.

In fact every time they do anything new it always end up being about how they aren't as good as they used to be.

I don't think I've ever encountered anyone else saying it, either. I know what you mean about people always saying they're not as good as they used to be. I find it amusing and frustrating in equal measure when people say they've 'sold out' because they aren't as heavy any more, yet their more recent material is probably harder to market than their old ones as many tracks aren't self contained songs. Especially on A Thousand Suns where most of the tracks flow into each other and there's lots of drawn out transitions. Additionally, because so many people only like the first two albums, if they returned to that (and they seem to have done with their latest album) then they've essentially just made an album that people will buy rather than an album they can be creative on. If that's not selling out I don't know what is!
Reply 19
Original post by Manitude
I don't think I've ever encountered anyone else saying it, either. I know what you mean about people always saying they're not as good as they used to be. I find it amusing and frustrating in equal measure when people say they've 'sold out' because they aren't as heavy any more, yet their more recent material is probably harder to market than their old ones as many tracks aren't self contained songs. Especially on A Thousand Suns where most of the tracks flow into each other and there's lots of drawn out transitions. Additionally, because so many people only like the first two albums, if they returned to that (and they seem to have done with their latest album) then they've essentially just made an album that people will buy rather than an album they can be creative on. If that's not selling out I don't know what is!

I do get what you mean in that they would probably sell more if they just continued throwing out albums that sound like Hybrid Theory.

I think the last time I tried to listen to anything new was that Catalyst song a few years back. I disliked everything about that. That said I don't even like their early albums. :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest