charlotte1998xxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi I'm new here and I've started my A levels. Problem is, I don't know whether I want to go to uni or not and I'm not sure what job I want in the future!!! Also I take psychology, biology, english language literature and german and I'm worried that these aren't good enough for university. Help!
KittKatt
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by charlotte1998xxx)
Hi I'm new here and I've started my A levels. Problem is, I don't know whether I want to go to uni or not and I'm not sure what job I want in the future!!! Also I take psychology, biology, english language literature and german and I'm worried that these aren't good enough for university. Help!
Don't worry about university just yet! Especially if you aren't sure
You could always do your A Levels, and take a year out or something while you decide what you want to do! You know, do something crazy. Go travelling. Do some voluntary work. Get a job. Dye your hair purple. Anything!

And those A Level subjects are fine for university. Why wouldn't they be?
username1464313
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,

Doing A Levels will increase your job opportunities and will give you the chance to go to university if you wanted to so I don't think you should give up on A levels. Also, there is nothing wrong with your A Level choices. Your grades are more likely to be the deciding factor in going to university, not your choices. Also, I know you don't know what you want to do in the future but a lot of employers just ask for a degree so even though you don't know what to do, your options are very open

Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
charlotte1998xxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alunzar)
Hi,

Doing A Levels will increase your job opportunities and will give you the chance to go to university if you wanted to so I don't think you should give up on A levels. Also, there is nothing wrong with your A Level choices. Your grades are more likely to be the deciding factor in going to university, not your choices. Also, I know you don't know what you want to do in the future but a lot of employers just ask for a degree so even though you don't know what to do, your options are very open

Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you, I feel so much better! x
charlotte1998xxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by KittKatt)
Don't worry about university just yet! Especially if you aren't sure
You could always do your A Levels, and take a year out or something while you decide what you want to do! You know, do something crazy. Go travelling. Do some voluntary work. Get a job. Dye your hair purple. Anything!

And those A Level subjects are fine for university. Why wouldn't they be?
Thank you, you're so nice x
KittKatt
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you, you're so nice x
Oh, you! That's so lovely of you to say so
Haha, and it's OK
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (159)
44.41%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (29)
8.1%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (75)
20.95%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.5%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (21)
5.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed