The Student Room Group

What is wrong with choosing to be a housewife?

Scroll to see replies

If I was unintelligent and had no other choices, I'd settle for being a housewife because the idea of it can actually be quite appealing. I'm motherly by nature but atm I'd rather be able to support myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bertstare
wat

Lol perhaps I'd be different if my crazy pills hadn't made me impotent
Original post by mathsmathsmaths
Lol perhaps I'd be different if my crazy pills hadn't made me impotent

the blue pills can counteract that
the blue pills can counteract that

:rofl:

Wouldn't want to end up with a permanent hard on
Original post by needsomehelp121
So I met up with an old work colleague and he was ranting to me about how a woman he works with is married and goes home to cook and clean and from his description, she didnt sound unhappy with her life... yet he was so irritated by this and said she is so naive and empty headed and dumb etc. I said, maybe she's happy and its her choice but he argued, why would anyone want this life? He said she lives ten minutes away from her work place and how her life will be going to work, coming home and undertaking domestic duties.

Meanwhile this guy goes to work, comes home and smokes weed everyday (for the record). I mean it got me thinking...
Isit wrong to choose to be a housewife? Does that make someone stupid or naive and does it make their life less meaningful? Or is this guy just being an arrogant prick?

What do you guys think? Just been something I have been thinking about and is a bit random to bring up to other friends...

The Western country with the most housewives (denmark) has the happiest women, and has had for many years.
People like that moron forget one basic truth; humans are animals, thus driven by instinct. Most women would like to be housewives as it gives them more sense of accomplishment then pushing pointless paper about in an office.

However it is common for the housewife in the West to be bitched at due to people disregarding nature and also feeling guilty themselves for not providing a stable and good home for their spouse and/or children.
Reply 25
Nothing wrong with it, I just don't want one for a partner.
Theres nothing wrong with it, personally I'm not enough of a failure to have to depend on my wifes income to sustain my lifestyle, and I'd be happy for her to stay at home provided shes a 10/10 wife (ie hot meal and sloppy bj everyday when I get home from work)

Why would you be a failure if you depended on her, but it's fine for her to depend on you? You know, it doesn't matter who's the biggest earner in a relationship, nor which partner stays home.

Also, blow job everyday? That's not on par with cleaning and making dinner. Sex is not a "wifely" duty - it's someone you do together when you both want to.
Original post by needsomehelp121
So I met up with an old work colleague and he was ranting to me about how a woman he works with is married and goes home to cook and clean and from his description, she didnt sound unhappy with her life... yet he was so irritated by this and said she is so naive and empty headed and dumb etc. I said, maybe she's happy and its her choice but he argued, why would anyone want this life? He said she lives ten minutes away from her work place and how her life will be going to work, coming home and undertaking domestic duties.

Meanwhile this guy goes to work, comes home and smokes weed everyday (for the record). I mean it got me thinking...
Isit wrong to choose to be a housewife? Does that make someone stupid or naive and does it make their life less meaningful? Or is this guy just being an arrogant prick?

What do you guys think? Just been something I have been thinking about and is a bit random to bring up to other friends...

How is she a housewife if she works?
I don't understand. The movement of feminism helped to break away women from only being housewives and not being able to take on any other important roles. So now, we're being judged for wanting to be a housewife and to be able to work too? Surely it's more something to be praised that she can juggle her family life on top of the stress of her work - if she enjoys it, then who is he to say anything about her, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be a housewife.
Nothing wrong in that I myself I'm planning to have 5 house wifes one wife for each room:yes:
If she's happy then there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

The only reason he said that was because he himself feels that a life as such isn't ideal, however it is considered ideal to others. Depends on the person in question.
Reply 31
Absolutely nothing wrong with that, especially if they have children because childcare is pretty expensive. If both of them are happy with the arrangement then I see no problem.
Reply 32
Original post by geneticist
Wasting your life perhaps?

Why on Earth is it wasting your life?

I wouldn't work if I had the choice. I'd spend my time doing the things I wanted to do.

Happiness is all that matters, that's it.
the only thing i can think of is that it doesn't contribute to the economy

Quick Reply

Latest