RonanWalters1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey!

So basically to sum up what this thread is about, it's me being a complete idiot.

Basically, I'm currently panicking. When I received my GCSE results, I only got my results on a piece of A4 which had all of my results and when it came to applying for College, they accepted just this piece of paper as a proof of my results so I didn't take any notice of it. I remember having a letter in the post some weeks later about an awards evening, but on the letter it didn't mention anything about receiving certificates, only mentioning how it'll be like a year 11 reunion. Yes, it was called an 'awards evening', but I thought it would be just like one of them sort of fake ones, where it's just for having a good attendance - something like that. Plus, I had split up with a lot of the people in my year and really didn't want to go, so I didn't since I heard others weren't either.

Now, I'm panicking about not having any certificates since apparently I need them for UCAS application. Yes, I sound like an idiot not getting this sorted sooner, but I didn't think anything of it because I've never had an issue with not having any certificates since.

So I'm wondering, will my old high school still have my certificates? I'm going to call them on Monday but I just really need to validate/talk about it to someone who may know, since I'm really panicking about it.

TLDR - Since I never received my GCSE certificates, will my old high school still have them?
mightyfrog2_10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by RonanWalters1)
Hey!

So basically to sum up what this thread is about, it's me being a complete idiot.

Basically, I'm currently panicking. When I received my GCSE results, I only got my results on a piece of A4 which had all of my results and when it came to applying for College, they accepted just this piece of paper as a proof of my results so I didn't take any notice of it. I remember having a letter in the post some weeks later about an awards evening, but on the letter it didn't mention anything about receiving certificates, only mentioning how it'll be like a year 11 reunion. Yes, it was called an 'awards evening', but I thought it would be just like one of them sort of fake ones, where it's just for having a good attendance - something like that. Plus, I had split up with a lot of the people in my year and really didn't want to go, so I didn't since I heard others weren't either.

Now, I'm panicking about not having any certificates since apparently I need them for UCAS application. Yes, I sound like an idiot not getting this sorted sooner, but I didn't think anything of it because I've never had an issue with not having any certificates since.

So I'm wondering, will my old high school still have my certificates? I'm going to call them on Monday but I just really need to validate/talk about it to someone who may know, since I'm really panicking about it.

TLDR - Since I never received my GCSE certificates, will my old high school still have them?
Don't panic. Go to your old school, speak to the exam officer they should have them. I know someone who went to collect hers and she said they kept people's GCSE certificates for over three years.
boods8897
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've only just got my certificates too - my school was burnt down and all the certificates were burnt with it. When I first went to get my certificates last year all the AQA ones (our school's exam board...) were missing. Went in last week to pick up the rest
Your school should also have the certificates still; if not it's reasonably easy for them to be sent off for

Posted from TSR Mobile
mightyfrog2_10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
when were you planning to get your gcse certificates or did you want to get them at all?
RonanWalters1
Rep:
?
Ah okay, thanks guys. That's really reassuring. (:

Just feel like I should have realised I would need GCSE certificates sooner. /:
Da Di Doo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you for this thread.

Now I have to make arrangements to get my GCSE certificates. Does UCAS really ask for them?
RonanWalters1
Rep:
?
(Original post by mightyfrog2_10)
when were you planning to get your gcse certificates or did you want to get them at all?
If you're on about at the time of my GCSE results day, I just thought the piece of paper was the proof of my GCSE grades. It sounds really stupid, but my high school never mentioned anything to do with certificates and neither did my college, also all of my friends seemed to have the same thoughts as me as well. I only found out about it a few days ago/week ago. If you mean now, I hope to get my GCSE certificates asap. I hope I can get them this week.
RonanWalters1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Da Di Doo)
Thank you for this thread.

Now I have to make arrangements to get my GCSE certificates. Does UCAS really ask for them?
I think so. All of my friends who are preparing for their UCAS application have brought in GCSE certificates.
boods8897
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think so. All of my friends who are preparing for their UCAS application have brought in GCSE certificates.
I thought you don't need them for UCAS as long as you know all your GCSE exam boards and grades? If you go for an interview, chances are you'd need it then rather than when you apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
mightyfrog2_10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you're on about at the time of my GCSE results day, I just thought the piece of paper was the proof of my GCSE grades. It sounds really stupid, but my high school never mentioned anything to do with certificates and neither did my college, and all of my friends seem to have the same thoughts as me as well. I only found out about it a few days ago/week ago. If you mean now, I hope to get my GCSE certificates asap. I hope I can get them this week.
nono i meant would you have still got them if you didn't apply to UCAS? certificates are released in November i think that's probably why college don't ask for them and if you apply for any jobs in the future they'll certainly ask for all your certificates GCSE's, AS, A levels so it's certainly a good to get them.
RonanWalters1
Rep:
?
(Original post by mightyfrog2_10)
nono i meant were you planning to get them even if you didn't apply for UCAS? certificates are released in November that's why i think college don't ask for them and if you apply for jobs in the future they'll certainly ask for all your certificates GCSE's, AS, A levels...
Yeah, I would get them even if I wasn't applying for UCAS because like you said, I'd need them for when it comes to applying for a job. I just thought that the piece paper I got on results day was all I needed, since my high school never told us about certificates and treated the awards evening as a party/reunion, which I didn't feel like going to since I didn't think it was important.
RonanWalters1
Rep:
?
(Original post by boods8897)
I thought you don't need them for UCAS as long as you know all your GCSE exam boards and grades? If you go for an interview, chances are you'd need it then rather than when you apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll have to double check then, I could be wrong. Just got a bit worried when I saw everyone who was preparing for their UCAS application bringing in GCSE certificates.
mightyfrog2_10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, I would get them even if I wasn't applying for UCAS because like you said, I'd need them for when it comes to applying for a job. I just thought that the piece paper I got on results day was all I needed, since my high school never told us about certificates and treated the awards evening as a party/reunion, which I didn't feel like going to since I didn't think it was important.
Ah alright, now i understand. That's really strange though from your school in my invitation for the awards evening they mentioned handing out gcse certificates.
blacksheep8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey!

We didn't get certificates either.. dont worry about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (64)
14.81%
I'm not sure (16)
3.7%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (145)
33.56%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.62%
I'm not a current university student (200)
46.3%

Watched Threads