Does meeting the opposite sex become difficult after education?

Watch
Envee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
It seems that college/ university days are the easiest chance to meet someone from the opposite sex (potential partner), does it get more difficult afterwards? What are your experiences?
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Only been out of university for a few months. so don't exactly have a wealth of experience in the matter.

I'm currently working in a male dominated environment, so meeting girls at work is near impossible. However the opportunity still arises when going on nights out, or meeting people through friends and what not. I'd say the selection is definitely smaller, but it is only really as 'difficult' as you make it. If you want to meet a girl or boy or whatever, make the effort and something will come of it.
Kool_Panda
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Envee)
It seems that college/ university days are the easiest chance to meet someone from the opposite sex (potential partner), does it get more difficult afterwards? What are your experiences?
Yes, after leaving uni all single men and women are separated, never to see each other again. If you haven't met someone before you leave uni then you probably never will.
McMicheal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Envee)
It really depends on what are you doing after uni.
You can always use dating sites as that's what more & more people are using nowadays to go on dates instead of meeting someone by chance and then finding out what are they like.
Furthermore, you're probably going to be in full-time employment after uni eventually, which would mean for a lot of students that you're finally able to afford things and not live on student diet and budget, things like travel, festivals, going out more etc.

So the way I see it, I think you're more likely to meet opposite sex.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Now i've graduated i'm honestly struggling to see how i'll ever meet someone.

All of my friends are in relationships so they don't want to do anything unless it's with their other half. The only other possibility is work but then a lot of people don't want to get involved with their colleagues.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Now i've graduated i'm honestly struggling to see how i'll ever meet someone.

All of my friends are in relationships so they don't want to do anything unless it's with their other half. The only other possibility is work but then a lot of people don't want to get involved with their colleagues.
I have 1 year to find a girlfriend then...
james111r
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kool_Panda)
Yes, after leaving uni all single men and women are separated, never to see each other again. If you haven't met someone before you leave uni then you probably never will.
The UK has around 800,000 job vaccancies and around 2 million unemployed. Matching people against what they are looking for is quite hard.

You may come across 50 single girls on public transport but not really going to be in a position to start dating them.
At Uni you are already in a enviorment where you have tons in common and loads of mutual friends, post education its not like that.
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Envee)
I think it would get a lot more difficult afterwards. At school and university, there are loads of other girls that you can meet on a daily basis, simply due to the "university community".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.04%
Unhappy (54)
28.27%
Conflicted (93)
48.69%

Watched Threads