The Student Room Group

Best fitness apps

What's your favourite ones and why?
Reply 1
Original post by Edo123
What's your favourite ones and why?

I have found a few that I really like on the iTunes store. First, I really like the app Lose It. It helps keep track of daily caloric intake, and can tell you what foods you need to eat more of, and it will set a specific caloric intake level for your body type. Also, the FitStar app is quite good, and provides exercises that can be done without any weights and it includes videos of trainers doing the exercises. It also has set workout routines that you can choose to do. Hope this helps.
Recently I've been really into stuff like this and found some good ones for Android. I was focusing on cycling so I used an app called Runtastic Road Bike, which basically lets you track the length and time of your journey plus the calories burned and your average speed and pace (the average time it took to complete each mile). It's really effective and is FREE, but with a few added features if you go Premium.

Google has also released something called Google Fit, which I've been using for non-cycling related fitness activities (like walking and running), although it can do that too. It's also completely free, and has a pedometer function that's always running. It can do things like chart your average speed (but not calculate calories unfortunately) and the minutes you've been exercising, and break it down into different activities using a measurement of your speed (I think that's it), for example it knows when you're driving and doesn't count it, but it can separate running and walking and cycling from each other. It's really very intelligent :smile:
I don't know much about IOS fitness apps, I'm sorry :frown:
Hope this helps though!
Reply 3
Original post by Mas8194
I have found a few that I really like on the iTunes store. First, I really like the app Lose It. It helps keep track of daily caloric intake, and can tell you what foods you need to eat more of, and it will set a specific caloric intake level for your body type. Also, the FitStar app is quite good, and provides exercises that can be done without any weights and it includes videos of trainers doing the exercises. It also has set workout routines that you can choose to do. Hope this helps.

Lose It is actually quite good. Thank you mate :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest