Turn on thread page Beta

Difficulty starting to talk to girls watch

Announcements

I'm a boy and I really do struggle to talk to girls of a similar age, I feel I just avoid it thinking that I'll mess up or that it'll quickly turn awkward or that the girl will get creeped out by me randomly starting a conversation

How should I get over this huge mountain and how do I start a conversation with girls that I've snapchatted before but conversation went stale?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a boy and I really do struggle to talk to girls of a similar age, I feel I just avoid it thinking that I'll mess up or that it'll quickly turn awkward or that the girl will get creeped out by me randomly starting a conversation

How should I get over this huge mountain and how do I start a conversation with girls that I've snapchatted before but conversation went stale?
    It helps to ask them questions to get to know them better. You can start off with a simple "hey how're you today?" And once you've gotten past that ask them about themselves, people enjoy talking about themselves so!

Simple things like: watched any good tv shows lately?
    What did you do at the weekend
    How's school/college/work etc
    Got any fun plans for the summer

Anything which can't be answered with a yes or no. Think of your own interests, like tv shows you like, it's awkward to randomly start talking about them, so instead ask them what they're into and if they say the same thing then you can talk more about it.

Eg "how's your night been?"
    "Alright just been watching game of thrones"
    "Aw cool I love that show! What episode are you on?"
    "Just started the first one"
    "It's good, let me know what you think about it. Have you read the books?"

You get the idea. Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2014
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.