noted
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Okay, I need to hand in sixth form applications soon and I want to go into medicine. The choices I am going for are: Maths
Chemistry
Biology
English Language/Literature

Are these good choices for what I want? Also I've heard that the combination I've chosen is really hard to be able to pass with good grades (B's and above). Is this true? Because I was hoping to be able to get an over seas scholarship.

And for GCSE's I am predicted A*-B's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nymthae
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They're fine for what you want.

The combination doesn't make it any harder than another combination, just do the work and put the effort in. Forget what other people say, strengths and weaknesses are personal and individual so what someone else finds hard you may well find easy.
thewytches
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
oh how times have changed
noted
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by thewytches)
oh how times have changed
Maybe
thewytches
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by noted)
Maybe
the great perhaps
theresheglows
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For medicine the compulsory subjects are biology and chemistry. 3rd (& 4th) subjects are your choice, a lot of people take maths but it's not required, do it if you like it. As for english, I'd do lit rather than lang.
Mister man
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is this good choice of alevels for accounting , maths economics physics and computing(computer science)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
alexxandra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
also going for medicine and doing: chemistry, biology, physics, maths and further maths but thinking further maths may be unnecessary/ too much?
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some schools are restricting students to three choices with the chage to linear A levels.
Mister man
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys I want to do accounting and I'm thinking for my alevels I should choose maths economics physics and computing and I was wondering if instead of physics I could choose chemistry, would this not be a good choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads