The Student Room Group

The Running Thread Mk II

Scroll to see replies

20:10 parkrun this morning. 15th out of 333 apparently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TooEasy123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nicely done. Did 25:21. Went slow as I haven't run all week and have a long run early tomorrow

Last run in London tomorrow for a good few weeks at least. Going to snowy Sweden, training shall be fun D:
(edited 8 years ago)
So, the reason for my heel and foot pain appears to be the way I land. I take off on my heel and kinda land on my forefoot kinda on the side, which explains why the side of my foot is so painful. :frown:

Not sure what happened yesterday; but found the 4 mile run was just horrible and todays' 7 mile run was much easier. :s-smilie:
Reply 683
70-min run :smile:
I started doing more weights recently but go for a run every 3 days as a part of my cardio, noticed recently that the carry over from the weights has benefitted me slightly. I feel lighter on my feet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Impressive
Reply 685
Went for a run but was pouring rain halfway through. Oh, well.
Original post by kka25

For 70mins? :colone:
Original post by kka25

got dressed for a run but didn't even make it out of the door, realised it snowed last night so went back to bed :/

need to learn how to deal with it, more due
Reply 688
For 70mins? :colone:

:lol:

Was drenched from head to toe :moon:

Original post by Use Err Name
got dressed for a run but didn't even make it out of the door, realised it snowed last night so went back to bed :/

Went out for a run. Forgot my earphones. Went back to get the earphones. Just about to get out of the door. Rains. Fantastic.

I really want to rain in snow one day!

I have run in hail before. I've never run so fast in my life! :lol: It's rather painful.
Original post by Nichrome
My main aim is just to be able to run consistently without injury 5-6 times a week and complete my first marathon in April. Going sub 20 5k, sub 42 10k and sub 1:36 HM would be a lovely bonus!

I ran all of those times last year for the first time, if you want to ask anything Id be happy to help! I wanted sub 20 for ages before I done it!
Unless you're going to be running for hours, rain is the best weather for running! For me anyway. Heart rate stays lower, body stays cool. Usually a good 20 seconds faster per mile without noticing.
Original post by offhegoes
Unless you're going to be running for hours, rain is the best weather for running! For me anyway. Heart rate stays lower, body stays cool. Usually a good 20 seconds faster per mile without noticing.

Unless it's really cold, rain generally doesn't bother me.
http://deadspin.com/runner-eats-it-immediately-after-interview-about-runnin-1519107024

Sorta thing that would happen to me.

I'll be leaving it until it stops I reckon. Apparently doesn't snow much longer than a week in Southern Sweden during the winter.
http://deadspin.com/runner-eats-it-immediately-after-interview-about-runnin-1519107024

I'll be leaving it until it stops I reckon. Apparently doesn't snow much longer than a week in Southern Sweden during the winter.

"Perfect texture for running". Classic.
19:26 parkrun today.
Beat my old PB of 19:32.
9 miles ran today

if you're on fairly flat ground and are sensible you should be okay on snow (as long as it's not icy slush), just be prepared to take it slowly so you can be more sure of your footing and slow down more for corners etc where you'll be more likely to slip and stick to fairly busy places just in case you fall

if you do fall it's likely to just be a slip on your bum which isn't going to do you any harm

I love running in the snow :smile: don't get much opportunity in the UK though
Original post by doodle_333
if you're on fairly flat ground and are sensible you should be okay on snow (as long as it's not icy slush), just be prepared to take it slowly so you can be more sure of your footing and slow down more for corners etc where you'll be more likely to slip and stick to fairly busy places just in case you fall

if you do fall it's likely to just be a slip on your bum which isn't going to do you any harm

I love running in the snow :smile: don't get much opportunity in the UK though

Got in an easy 4K this morning.

Surface didn't prove to be a problem at all! Most of the pavements were clear of the snow and I only had to slow down a few times to get clear of ice.

The cold triggered my asthma but I'll just build up slowly to get used to it
Reply 699
70-min run :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest