The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Anyone had offers for business and management? I'm worried that my BBB won't be enough?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
My application for English Literature and History got sent off a few days ago. True to form I've not received any notification that they have it and am already receiving offers elsewhere. It's my first choice but a long shot really.
Original post by emtheelf
My application for English Literature and History got sent off a few days ago. True to form I've not received any notification that they have it and am already receiving offers elsewhere. It's my first choice but a long shot really.

They took almost two weeks to even acknowledge my app...I received offers before Edinburgh told me they even had seen my app. Don't lose faith! It's a great Uni, and totally worth the wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have any Scottish Students gotten any offers for Engineering yet?
I've seen some English students get some but haven't heard any Scottish students getting one as of yet. :/
Princes Street . . . best street ever!
Reply 385
Haven't heard anything from Edinburgh for Classical Studies yet 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hollywood Hogan
Princes Street . . . best street ever!

if you think Princes Street is the best then you've not explored Edinburgh enough :biggrin:
Original post by UPSDGoat
if you think Princes Street is the best then you've not explored Edinburgh enough :biggrin:

Agreed! My favourite area is probably cowgate or bristo square :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abigailbayram
Hi, I'm applying too but to study Linguistics. Is anyone else applying for linguistics or a language? 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going for french and spanish. Would love to go to edinburgh
Applied for economics yesterday and Edinburgh is my first choice! Has anyone received an offer for econ? I heard that as it is very competitive, it takes ages for them to start giving offers.
Original post by domidom
Applied for economics yesterday and Edinburgh is my first choice! Has anyone received an offer for econ? I heard that as it is very competitive, it takes ages for them to start giving offers.

Hey so I haven't applied for economics but when I went to the open day they basically said "highly competitive courses are more likely to receive an offer after deadline day", like I received my offer about two weeks ago but I've applied for maths and physics with direct entry to 2nd year which I can't imagine is too popular. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by nellybelly29
They took almost two weeks to even acknowledge my app...I received offers before Edinburgh told me they even had seen my app. Don't lose faith! It's a great Uni, and totally worth the wait.

It was acknowledged late last night. I've got one offer so far but I think all the rest of my unis are slow so I'll just wait now. It is a great uni but acceptance onto my course is really low so I've made sure to apply to other courses I'd be happy to go to as well.
Reply 392
Original post by rachelc142
Hey so I haven't applied for economics but when I went to the open day they basically said "highly competitive courses are more likely to receive an offer after deadline day", like I received my offer about two weeks ago but I've applied for maths and physics with direct entry to 2nd year which I can't imagine is too popular. Hope this helps :smile:

I would like to know if it is true that the Scottish Uni are not considered very well by those British and it might be difficult to be accepted in a Uni type Oxidge for a PhD or Master also with very high grade but from a Scottish Uni it's probably easier in a American Uni?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone got an offer for Computer Science with Management yet?

I applied 4 weeks ago. Haven't heard anything from them (except for the MyEd thing).
Original post by rachelc142
Agreed! My favourite area is probably cowgate or bristo square :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with the cowgate! I also love Cockburn Street and Victoria Street. I love Edinburgh, especially with it's "streets above streets" part
Has anyone heard from Edinburgh for Anthropology and Archaeology?
Original post by chubsworth
I'm going for french and spanish. Would love to go to edinburgh

I'm applying to French and Spanish too. Have you heard anything back from Edinburgh yet?
Original post by eliza852
anyone applying for french and spanish?

I am! have you heard anything from them yet?
Reply 398
Original post by domidom

I applied around mid October for economics and still no offer
Reply 399
Original post by crunchierock
Hi! I just got an offer for Economics and Economic History at BBB. Almost cried hahaha x) Took less than two weeks after they received my application! So for people asking about length of time - it is probably not as frightening as you think! :smile: Just want to know if this grade is a normal offer from Edinburgh since it is quite low and the entry requirement was AAA (I applied with AAAA). Also want to know any potential classmates :biggrin:

I've applied to economics, no offer yet but I am hopeful still of getting one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending