The Student Room Group

Workbook for As Sciences and maths

Poll

What year of A-level are you in?

I've just started a-levels but I can't find any good workbooks for any of the subjects I'm taking. If anyone knows any that has good questions in, or anything that has been really helpful in general, in please share.

The subjects I'm taking are:
OCR As Physics B (Advancing Physics)
OCR As Chemistry A
OCR As Biology
OCR As Mathematics

Thanks
Reply 1
I liked Alpha workbooks for maths. I did Edexcel but I just looked on the website and it appears they have OCR ones so I'll link you: http://alphaworkbooks.co.uk/online/index.php?route=product/category&path=61_77
Original post by Toriar
I liked Alpha workbooks for maths. I did Edexcel but I just looked on the website and it appears they have OCR ones so I'll link you: http://alphaworkbooks.co.uk/online/index.php?route=product/category&path=61_77

hi just wondering why did you like alpha workbooks? my school is selling them to us (OCR) and I'm not sure whether I should buy them or not - would you recommend them? are they any good - did they help with maths? thanks in advance! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by happysmile
hi just wondering why did you like alpha workbooks? my school is selling them to us (OCR) and I'm not sure whether I should buy them or not - would you recommend them? are they any good - did they help with maths? thanks in advance! :biggrin:

Yeah I would recommend them, I liked the fact that they were concise yet they still seemed to cover pretty much everything. I also liked the feeling of filling in a book rather than just doing exercises from different places. They were a nice thing to do if I didn't feel like doing a whole past paper and there's also some useful explanation inside to help you if you get stuck on a particular question, which really came in handy. All in all, they're definitely not a necessity - you can just find questions and explanation on the internet - but if you can spare the money they're a lot more convenient.
Original post by Toriar
Yeah I would recommend them, I liked the fact that they were concise yet they still seemed to cover pretty much everything. I also liked the feeling of filling in a book rather than just doing exercises from different places. They were a nice thing to do if I didn't feel like doing a whole past paper and there's also some useful explanation inside to help you if you get stuck on a particular question, which really came in handy. All in all, they're definitely not a necessity - you can just find questions and explanation on the internet - but if you can spare the money they're a lot more convenient.

Ah okay thanks! :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest