The Student Room Group

Guys, would you be fine dating someone that's saving their virginity for marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ErHi?
Quick and easy answer: Definitely yes.

Original post by Man with no name
I'd date her regardless, myself. But rather than turn them down, why not explain your beliefs and let them make their own mind up?

Guys are you Muslims or?
Original post by Prince Kael'thas
Guys are you Muslims or?

I'm not. I'm an atheist who tries to keep an open mind (but doesn't always succeed.)

Original post by Thestudent12345
At least if I happen to marry someone, their vagina won't look like a punched lasagne

If this is your attitude to women, I don't like your chances of marrying someone anytime soon.
Bearing in mind you have a profile on this forum named "Prince Kael'thas", I would presume that you yourself are a virgin...
Reply 23
Not likely. No sex for half a decade? I don't think so.
What's so good about just having slept with one guy? What's the big deal. Is your vagina more clean?

It would be going against what she believes in. Leave her alone.
Reply 25
Guys are you Muslims or?

haha nope. Baptised Catholic but don't really practice. I just don't feel a whole relationship has to ride on being able to have sex with someone. I would rather wait for the person to be ready rather than knowing they had sex in the back of a car or something like that...
Reply 26
Original post by Ladanjason
I've decided that i'm not having sex until I get married (for religious reasons) and was wondering whether that would put a lot of guys off. Not trying to sound conceited but I'd say I'm fairly attractive. I do get guys asking me out etc. But, regardless of whether I find them attractive or whether I genuinely like them, I always turn them down because I feel as though majority of guys expect sex out of a relationship, and I obviously can't give them that. Also, I feel that if I dated a guy I'd be putting him through a lot, as however long we dated he wouldn't be able to have sex. So, guys if you genuinely liked a girl, would you refuse to date her because you wouldn't be getting sex out of it or would you date her regardless?

Yes I would , I am also staying chaste untill I get married. Everyone in my familly waited till they get married.

Virgin=pure,respectable,precious,rare

Do not lose it!:smile:
Original post by Juan Mata
no, and it would make me respect you less

Respecting someone less for wanting to save themselves until marriage is stupid. Why would someone's decision to do that affect your life in a way that you feel the need to respect them less? You aren't their boyfriend, not your problem.
Original post by Strawberry68
Respecting someone less for wanting to save themselves until marriage is stupid. Why would someone's decision to do that affect your life in a way that you feel the need to respect them less? You aren't their boyfriend, not your problem.

I would respect them less because it's ****ing stupid.

Am I only allowed to have an opinion on someone if I'm their boyfriend? :s-smilie:
Reply 29
Original post by Thestudent12345
Bearing in mind you have a profile on this forum named "Prince Kael'thas", I would presume that you yourself are a virgin...

lol That's exactly what I was thinking :biggrin:
Reply 30
My point is that you seem to think that having sex makes someone a slut and therefore anyone who is not a virgin has slept around.

You're perpetuating misogynistic standards for girls.

Geez you wanna ride the cock carousel when you are young but want to be taken seriously as classy and cultured when you are looking to settle down?Sorry but you can't have your cake and eat it too.I don't know where you get this idea that tamil culture gives men a free pass.Most women I know stay away from womanizers when it comes to marriage.

There is nothing casual about casual sex.One out of 5 women are infected by HSV. Are men expected to be okay with that?Also most women have trouble separating emotions from sex. Why do men have to deal with that sort of baggage?Promiscuity is a part of one's personality.Are men expected to be okay with their wife flirting with other men as well ?Contraceptives aren't 100% safe. If you support women having abortions then I expect you to support men being dead beat fathers as well. Given that a record number of children are born out of wedlock,I don't see that as a good thing for society.

No smart men would get into a relationship with promiscuous women who enjoyed their hey days and want some poor sucker once they get older.There are plenty of smart,intelligent women who don't give into their reptilian brains and spread their legs to the first guy that comes across and we end up with them

You are intelligent and you expect to marry someone who is intelligent. I am chaste. So what is wrong with me expecting to marry someone who is chaste?

Yes, Women do get sexual urge but you must know to handle it(applies to men also), perhaps that is why Man is endowed with 6th sense. we aren't Dogs to mate in the daylight at the very instant of sexual urge. Again SEX is not the sole objective of love....

You get embarrassed if other man terms you as USED, do you think that- the man with whom you have sex-just sex- have respect for you??Virginity define ur character.Losing ur virginity shows ur vulnerable , impurity,not intelligent,not trust worthy

How many girls have sex before marriage ?
The answer varies depends on her IQ , if its easy to trick women into having sex then they will have a lot of sex and blame their stupidity on Beta Provider

See "Getting used by men is not a cheap mentality" but Marrying a virgin is "Cheap mentality"
You are suppose to Judge
see Low IQ leads to lower Impulse Control and sex before marriage , I mean Girls marry at age of 20-25 if she is not a virgin then what does it mean ? she is stupid , she gives away her vagina like that .

Stop giving respect to these , and stop asking for their approval.
If you are rich then marry a beautiful Virgin. Don't give a fk about used ones .
Ask these girl would you marry a guy with previous baggage ?
Original post by errrr...
It would be going against what she believes in. Leave her alone.

She should keep her beliefs to herself then. Instead of being all uppity and arrogant about being a virgin. What is this the 1500s?

Original post by ErHi?
haha nope. Baptised Catholic but don't really practice. I just don't feel a whole relationship has to ride on being able to have sex with someone. I would rather wait for the person to be ready rather than knowing they had sex in the back of a car or something like that...

I think this is actually ironic because non-celibate couples don't make a big deal out of sex. It's just something that happens for them like eating together or watching a movie. You do it because you want to. However celibate couples deny themselves their natural urges and in the process they make sex out to be this big thing. i.e. you love her because she's a virgin and she loves you because you're waiting for her. It's all romantic for the first 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

You're reinforcing stereotypes.
Reply 32
You're a virgin aren't you? What authority does someone who has never seen a vagina up close have? And no your mum's doesn't count.

*sigh* at least you tried. A* for effort. :facepalm:
She should keep her beliefs to herself then. Instead of being all uppity and arrogant about being a virgin. What is this the 1500s?

When did her tone come across as arrogant? You're just belittling her because of her beliefs. And she was only asking for people's opinions.
tbh I think she does have a right to be arrogant.
Original post by Mikami
Geez you wanna ride the cock carousel when you are young but want to be taken seriously as classy and cultured when you are looking to settle down?Sorry but you can't have your cake and eat it too.I don't know where you get this idea that tamil culture gives men a free pass.Most women I know stay away from womanizers when it comes to marriage.

There is nothing casual about casual sex.One out of 5 women are infected by HSV. Are men expected to be okay with that?Also most women have trouble separating emotions from sex. Why do men have to deal with that sort of baggage?Promiscuity is a part of one's personality.Are men expected to be okay with their wife flirting with other men as well ?Contraceptives aren't 100% safe. If you support women having abortions then I expect you to support men being dead beat fathers as well. Given that a record number of children are born out of wedlock,I don't see that as a good thing for society.

No smart men would get into a relationship with promiscuous women who enjoyed their hey days and want some poor sucker once they get older.There are plenty of smart,intelligent women who don't give into their reptilian brains and spread their legs to the first guy that comes across and we end up with them

You are intelligent and you expect to marry someone who is intelligent. I am chaste. So what is wrong with me expecting to marry someone who is chaste?

Yes, Women do get sexual urge but you must know to handle it(applies to men also), perhaps that is why Man is endowed with 6th sense. we aren't Dogs to mate in the daylight at the very instant of sexual urge. Again SEX is not the sole objective of love....

You get embarrassed if other man terms you as USED, do you think that- the man with whom you have sex-just sex- have respect for you??Virginity define ur character.Losing ur virginity shows ur vulnerable , impurity,not intelligent,not trust worthy

How many girls have sex before marriage ?
The answer varies depends on her IQ , if its easy to trick women into having sex then they will have a lot of sex and blame their stupidity on Beta Provider

See "Getting used by men is not a cheap mentality" but Marrying a virgin is "Cheap mentality"
You are suppose to Judge
see Low IQ leads to lower Impulse Control and sex before marriage , I mean Girls marry at age of 20-25 if she is not a virgin then what does it mean ? she is stupid , she gives away her vagina like that .

Stop giving respect to these , and stop asking for their approval.
If you are rich then marry a beautiful Virgin. Don't give a fk about used ones .
Ask these girl would you marry a guy with previous baggage ?

Oh wow I don't know where to begin...
Reply 35
Oh wow I don't know where to begin...

This is the truth most of decent men , like decent girls we do not like prostitutes that give their vagina like that.

Most guys doesn't want something the prior 100+ guys have worn out hon.
They think of girls who stay virgins until they are married as decent and pure,respectable, whereas they think of girls they can have sex with as sluts and whore and something to have fun with and flush down the toilet of life when you are done with them.
Not trying to be insulting but this "equality sexual revolution" has turned women into human sex toys for men own selfish pleasure, because so many girls invest sex so easily into a relationship not realizing that sex is NOT love does NOT lead to love or commitment.

They think of girls who stay virgins until they are married as decent and pure,respectable, whereas they think of girls they can have sex with as sluts and whore and something to have fun with and flush down the toilet of life when you are done with them.
Not trying to be insulting but this "equality sexual revolution" has turned women into human sex toys for men own selfish pleasure, because so many girls invest sex so easily into a relationship not realizing that sex is NOT love does NOT lead to love or commitment.

For you, sex is just a physical contact which fulfilling your body needs. but for us sex is love. its a bond between the life partners. we want to be special for particular person whoever she may be.

Then another question for you, after having sex ur girlfriend saying that you are better than him. while hearing this will u feel proud?
or if she is saying you are not good in bed.. will u feel ashamed?

But we wont say these things to our wives. because we dont have previous experiences. so whatever the feel is, for us that our wife is best... is that wrong thing...?

Touch your heart and say, if your wife losing her virginity to you by love and believing you after saving these many years means how will you feel? dont you feel happy that she saved her virginity especially for u and you only without even know about you... or treat her like some loser for not having sex experience before.

If virginity is not makes the girl special then what makes the girl special for you?
if your answer is heart means, are you sure your wife loving you only for entire life after moving for some other.?
The long game is not worth it.

How can you be so incredibly religiously judgemental in the other thread about womb transplants, and then completely ignore what the Bible has to say about fornication in this one?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
How can you be so incredibly religiously judgemental in the other thread about womb transplants, and then completely ignore what the Bible has to say about fornication in this one?

There's a big double standard. I'm addressing it.

Original post by Mikami
This is the truth most of decent men , like decent girls we do not like prostitutes that give their vagina like that.

For you, sex is just a physical contact which fulfilling your body needs. but for us sex is love. its a bond between the life partners. we want to be special for particular person whoever she may be.

Then another question for you, after having sex ur girlfriend saying that you are better than him. while hearing this will u feel proud?
or if she is saying you are not good in bed.. will u feel ashamed?

But we wont say these things to our wives. because we dont have previous experiences. so whatever the feel is, for us that our wife is best... is that wrong thing...?

Touch your heart and say, if your wife losing her virginity to you by love and believing you after saving these many years means how will you feel? dont you feel happy that she saved her virginity especially for u and you only without even know about you... or treat her like some loser for not having sex experience before.

If virginity is not makes the girl special then what makes the girl special for you?
if your answer is heart means, are you sure your wife loving you only for entire life after moving for some other.?

exhibit A
Just lose it, not worth the wait !! What if you get married at 35/40?? You'll secretly feel desperate for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mikami

Virgin=pure,respectable,precious,rare

I wouldn't say that's objectively true. I'm sure it's held to be true in your culture, and indeed I myself hold that opinion somewhat, but other people may well think otherwise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending