Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone ever had to withdraw from uni because their loan didn't come on time? watch

ReputationRep:
    Student Finance England haven't exactly been doing their best and I have no idea when I'll receive my loan... Such a big mess they have it's unbelievable..

Has anyone ever had to withdraw from uni because they couldn't afford the tuition fee and pay for rent? I hope my university will let me pay later but if it goes into 2015 I have no idea what I'll do... I applied by the deadline but they have misplaced the evidence I sent, misplaced the change of circumstances form, haven't been processing it, told me that I applied for childcare grant, parents learning allowance and came here for reasons for work, which I didn't... I spoke to over 20 advisors for many hours but I'm still waiting..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheesusCrust)
    Student Finance England haven't exactly been doing their best and I have no idea when I'll receive my loan... Such a big mess they have it's unbelievable..

Has anyone ever had to withdraw from uni because they couldn't afford the tuition fee and pay for rent? I hope my university will let me pay later but if it goes into 2015 I have no idea what I'll do... I applied by the deadline but they have misplaced the evidence I sent, misplaced the change of circumstances form, haven't been processing it, told me that I applied for childcare grant, parents learning allowance and came here for reasons for work, which I didn't... I spoke to over 20 advisors for many hours but I'm still waiting..
    I'm experiencing something very similar to you, although it seems they have now got all the evidence in place now although my mum had to send the same stuff 3 times :mad:

Still haven't received my loan yet but i did get a text saying it would be processed soon so I'm just waiting for it now..

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same place they keep saying they need more evidence the worst case scenario it would be best to get a Statutory declaration confirming residency details.

ReputationRep:
    Let me bump this thread.

I thought I had it. SFE said they would accept the evidence I sent, but it has to be original, not copies.

I sent them the original documents.

At least they processed the change of circumstances form. Apparently I didn't sign it, and had to e-mail them a new one. It was processed within 1 day by the advisor (not counting saturday and sunday as she probably wasn't working).

SFE pls

ReputationRep:
    It was well in to November when I got my first lot of cash when I was at uni.
    I wouldn't sweat it. If you're in halls it wont matter.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for intruding but When do you start applying for finance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aneesah_May)
    Sorry for intruding but When do you start applying for finance
    I don't think they have given the date yet as to when we can apply for next year. But as you see from my situation, the earlier you apply, the better.

I just had the evidence reviewed again. Again, it's a copy.

This is just getting better and better.

ReputationRep:
    And when I thought it couldn't get worse.

Turns out the evidence I sent was sent back to me weeks ago. Somehow they have reviewed it again without even having it. Of course I've never received it.

****ing brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheesusCrust)

If it is just rent then have a word with your land lord or the accommodation.
    Having late rent is far far better than losing it entirely.

ReputationRep:
    Speak to your University in a mature fashion, they'll understand that the loan is just taking its time and would surely rather not start looking for a new student now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I applied first to uni in 2009. That year SFE was in a horrendous mess with payment delays. They deleted my application and I had no money for university. I had to withdraw after a few weeks because I ran out of funds.

I decided to go to a closer university the following year, just in case it happened again, in which case I could live at home and commute.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.