Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just askin as im really stuck on this question. ive posted it on the academic subforum but hardly any1 is on there and i need the answer now for tomorrow morning
    thanks id appriciate any help

ReputationRep:
    cant find it - can u copy and paste it here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    cant find it - can u copy and paste it here
    'describe and discuss one advantage and one disadvantage of an electic approach to the understanding of human behaviour. in your answer refer to at least 1 topic area in psychology'

i dont understand wot electic means
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    'describe and discuss one advantage and one disadvantage of an electic approach to the understanding of human behaviour. in your answer refer to at least 1 topic area in psychology'

i dont understand wot electic means
    thanks
    ECLECTIC METHOD: Dictionary Entry and Meaning

WordNet Dictionary Definition: [n] making decisions on the basis of what seems best instead of following some single doctrine or style Synonyms: eclecticism See Also: deciding, decision making

what exam board is this???

ReputationRep:
    what exam board is this???
    means nothing to me. i do AQA, but i know their are laods and loads of different options for module 4 with them.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    means nothing to me. i do AQA, but i know their are laods and loads of different options for module 4 with them.

lou xxx
    yeah - same - ive already done unit 4 anyway so im trying to forget most of it

ReputationRep:
    thanks but i cant see how it links in with the question :confused:
    its AQA module 5
    in the perspectives section A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    thanks but i cant see how it links in with the question :confused:
    its AQA
    i dunno - don't understand that at all -what unit is it for? and how many marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)

lou xxx
    Same here. We probably do different modules to other colleges here. Learning all of the modules would just be crazy! For PYA4, we just do:

biological rhythms, sleep, dreams
    cognitive development, moral development, development of intelligence
    altruism, bystander behaviour, pro and anti-social behaviour.

I'm one of the only 3 guys in my Psychology class. I also went to a conference in C.London a few months back and it was 95% female (a good thing!). I'm not gay am I? Lol

ReputationRep:
    oh unit 5 - i dunno - do u jus use the behaviourist approach then? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i dunno - don't understand that at all -what unit is it for? and how many marks?
    its an essay question worth 12 marks - wot the hell wud i do if something like that comes up in the exam
    module 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    Same here. We probably do different modules to other colleges here. Learning all of the modules would just be crazy! For PYA4, we just do:

biological rhythms, sleep, dreams
    cognitive development, moral development, development of intelligence
    altruism, bystander behaviour, pro and anti-social behaviour.

I'm one of the only 3 guys in my Psychology class. I also went to a conference in C.London a few months back and it was 95% female (a good thing!). I'm not gay am I? Lol
    that's exactly the same as what i did!!!!
    so glad it's over now!!
    the jan mod was bio rhythms, iq and aggression btw

ReputationRep:
    so glad it's over now!!
    sounds simpler than all this confusing crap im learning lol .each lesson we do something different which doesn't link in with any of the other lessons work :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    sounds simpler than all this confusing crap im learning lol .each lesson we do something different which doesn't link in with any of the other lessons work :confused:
    aww - well our teacher is ace coz shes been teaching jus psych 4 abt 30 yrs lol (and shes a complete cow so we always have to do loadza revision essays) so if u find out we r doing anything the same - jus pm me and if it's in my notes i'll defo be able to help u with it

ReputationRep:
    so glad it's over now!!
    Our teacher made us follow this extremely tight schedule where every lesson, we do a 20-minute essay on an area we are weak with (as a whole class) as well as hand in another essay we have done at home. Then for the rest of the lesson, 2 different pupils have to do a task for the whole class on another weak area. Mines in about a week's time and I have to prepare something for the class about Ultradian rhythms and Cognitive Development (Vygotsky) so I badly need some ideas. I have never really understood what questions involving ultradian rhythms are asking for though! I understand the cycles but that's all there is to it in the textbooks! Not much to write for a 30-mark question is it!

ReputationRep:
    unit 4 i did
    biological rhythms, sleep, dreaming
    approaches (things like behaviourism etc.)
    comparative (evolutionary) psychology

pretty different! hardly anywhere does comparative + it is def the best section.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    aww - well our teacher is ace coz shes been teaching jus psych 4 abt 30 yrs lol (and shes a complete cow so we always have to do loadza revision essays) so if u find out we r doing anything the same - jus pm me and if it's in my notes i'll defo be able to help u with it
    how old is your teacher lol. thanks loads for offering to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    Our teacher made us follow this extremely tight schedule where every lesson, we do a 20-minute essay on an area we are weak with (as a whole class) as well as hand in another essay we have done at home. Then for the rest of the lesson, 2 different pupils have to do a task for the whole class on another weak area. Mines in about a week's time and I have to prepare something for the class about Ultradian rhythms and Cognitive Development (Vygotsky) so I badly need some ideas. I have never really understood what questions involving ultradian rhythms are asking for though! I understand the cycles but that's all there is to it in the textbooks! Not much to write for a 30-mark question is it!
    what about examples of research studies - all the crap abt heart beat - smaller animals have faster heartbeat - wait lemme get my notes - lol. i cant find them lol - its dement and klietman i think - do u have note on that study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    how old is your teacher lol. thanks loads for offering to help
    abt 55 i think hehe - she sed today she thinks she gettin schizophrenia :rolleyes: lol she's well crazy, but a really good teacher

ReputationRep:
    Go Tinykates the elite psychology student!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.