Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    You know, it would be so great if we could all just sit down together and revise Psychology at the same time. Last year, me and my friend (who sat next to me) talked about Psychology all the time. Out of nowhere, we would just talk about Brown & Peterson or Milgram for example. I think this was the reason why both of us did good in our exams. He got 272/300, beating me by 4 marks!
    hehe - i didnt do too well at AS - i got a U in the mock, and just scraped a B by 4 marks in the actual exam which was pretty amazing 4 me at the time hehe, how come u guys didnt do unit 4 in jan to get it outta the way?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually lucidly dreamt before? I have done it many times and it just feels like prison! You know you are awake but you just can't move. You can just 'hear' your mum coming into the room to wake you up (more like a slap to the head! lol) and maybe 'see' the sunlight coming through the windows!
    yea its weird that it mainly happens when i fall asleep on the couch rather than in bed. it feels like u really have to wake up and start panicking

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually lucidly dreamt before? I have done it many times and it just feels like prison! You know you are awake but you just can't move. You can just 'hear' your mum coming into the room to wake you up (more like a slap to the head! lol) and maybe 'see' the sunlight coming through the windows!
    i do quite frequently. and it's really weird. i feel like i've woken up and i'm just imagining it in my head, but then i try to get it to stop so i can wake up properly and i can't and it confuses me.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    hehe - i didnt do too well at AS - i got a U in the mock, and just scraped a B by 4 marks in the actual exam which was pretty amazing 4 me at the time hehe, how come u guys didnt do unit 4 in jan to get it outta the way?
    We do out PYA4 and PYA5 in June. For me, it's better because I wouldn't have done enough revision for it in January! The bad thing is that my PYA4, which is in the afternoon, will have to be done in the morning because it clashes with my Maths S2 exam! Have to bloody bring packed lunch and not allowed to leave the room. I will also be under constant supervision and be followed to the loo!

ReputationRep:
    We do out PYA4 and PYA5 in June. For me, it's better because I wouldn't have done enough revision for it in January! The bad thing is that my PYA4, which is in the afternoon, will have to be done in the morning because it clashes with my Maths S2 exam! Have to bloody bring packed lunch and not allowed to leave the room. I will also be under constant supervision and be followed to the loo!
    aww. i'm sure you'll be fine though - you seem like a very clever chappie

ReputationRep:
    me too. it sucks.... whoever came up with that timetable clash needs shot. i'm doing it with one of my friends tho so shouldn't be too bad.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i do quite frequently. and it's really weird. i feel like i've woken up and i'm just imagining it in my head, but then i try to get it to stop so i can wake up properly and i can't and it confuses me.

lou xxx
    Also, I seem to be able to move my body or at least try to when I lucid dream. It's just so weird. Most of the dreams I have, I 'go with the flow' but in some, I can actually control myself! It's like I'm aware that I'm dreaming.

I do have some other weird ones where I 'wake up' from a 'dream', then find myself in another 'dream', manage to 'wake up' from that 'dream' but still find myself in another 'dream'! It can take me up to 3 successive dreams to wake up properly in the real world!

ReputationRep:
    ooooh this thread has got me all psychology-minded... we should have our own ukl psychology club

anyhows i really must go get my REM (but why? restoration or evolutionary purposes?)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Also, I seem to be able to move my body or at least try to when I lucid dream. It's just so weird. Most of the dreams I have, I 'go with the flow' but in some, I can actually control myself! It's like I'm aware that I'm dreaming.

I do have some other weird ones where I 'wake up' from a 'dream', then find myself in another 'dream', manage to 'wake up' from that 'dream' but still find myself in another 'dream'! It can take me up to 3 successive dreams to wake up properly in the real world!
    that's weird that you can move. you must have your lucid dreams in non-REM (unless you try to move, but fail in REM because your muscles are all relaxed). if you can actually move it's prob stage 3/4 which is really weird. they test lucid dreams by getting participants to look up and down when they know they are dreaming cos the only part you can usually move is your eyes.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    aww. i'm sure you'll be fine though - you seem like a very clever chappie
    But a very lazy one though. An example of my laziness:

One day, I planned to do an essay to get it out of the way at 7:00pm so I got out all my relevant stuff such as paper, pens and the textbook and laid it in front of me on the desk. Then I got distracted by UKL and the television about 75cm away from me. Half an hour later, I failed to pick up my pen and ended up watching Eastenders. After that finished, it was an hour since I said I was going to do my essay and I still hadn't even opened my textbook to the relevant page!!!

I must be the slowest page-turner in the world.....

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.