Coventry University: Apply through UCAS or directly? Watch

Zagadoria
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm applying for Mechanical Engineering for 2015 entry, with Coventry as one of my choices. I've read that for EU students, you have to apply through UCAS, and for international students, you use the online form system.

However, my fee status hasn't been classified yet. I'm a Portuguese citizen, born in the UK, currently living in India. I know that my status will be reviewed by them at the time of my application, but how am I to decide which way to go for applying itself?

Thanks in advance.
sdotd
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ring them up?
Crumpet1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought all undergraduates have to apply through UCAS, regardless of their location.
username1221364
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zagadoria)
I'm applying for Mechanical Engineering for 2015 entry, with Coventry as one of my choices. I've read that for EU students, you have to apply through UCAS, and for international students, you use the online form system.

However, my fee status hasn't been classified yet. I'm a Portuguese citizen, born in the UK, currently living in India. I know that my status will be reviewed by them at the time of my application, but how am I to decide which way to go for applying itself?

Thanks in advance.
The online form is through UCAS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zagadoria
Rep:
?
(Original post by Coffeetime)
The online form is through UCAS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In this case, Coventry has their own application form hosted on their website. When I attended an education fair, a rep from Cov also told me international students had to apply through that, but was unsure regarding my particular case.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zagadoria)
In this case, Coventry has their own application form hosted on their website. When I attended an education fair, a rep from Cov also told me international students had to apply through that, but was unsure regarding my particular case.
Since reps are often just keen and helpful students who have had an hour's chat about the best way to sell their university, they are probably not the best placed to be up to speed with unusual cases. Speak to Coventry's admissions department directly, (and expect to be asked to fill in a Ucas form as normal) so that you have had it from the people who know.
Zagadoria
Rep:
?
(Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
Since reps are often just keen and helpful students who have had an hour's chat about the best way to sell their university, they are probably not the best placed to be up to speed with unusual cases. Speak to Coventry's admissions department directly, (and expect to be asked to fill in a Ucas form as normal) so that you have had it from the people who know.
I've done just that. Thanks for the clarification.
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
Bloody hell! Is this the beginning of the end for UCAS

http://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-c.../how-to-apply/

There's always been the record of prior acceptance but as far as I know this is the first advertised non-UCAS full-time undergraduate admission system for a mainstream university for nearly 50 years.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
Bloody hell! Is this the beginning of the end for UCAS

http://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-c.../how-to-apply/

There's always been the record of prior acceptance but as far as I know this is the first advertised non-UCAS full-time undergraduate admission system for a mainstream university for nearly 50 years.
Crumbs. They must have had permission, I presume? Or have they decided to risk the wrath of UCAS?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.85%
No (386)
72.15%

Watched Threads