jebbadiah
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hiya

I'm studyin A level maths at home and I'm just wonderin would it best to study core 1 then core 2 or both at the same time?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mawar3
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Both at the same time, I'd suggest. It stops you getting into the "ahh this is C2 it must be horrible" mindset, and keeps topics together. Some other classes at my school did C1 differentiation four months before C2. That doesn't make sense! So, I'd suggest doing a topic at a time, using both C1 and C2 stuff. Obviously, if there are individual topics only in one unit, do the C1 ones first.
jebbadiah
Rep:
Cheers, makes sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 7 years ago
It's much better to study Core 1, then Core 2 since Core 2 requires you to understand C1.
Mawar3
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
It's much better to study Core 1, then Core 2 since Core 2 requires you to understand C1.
C2 stuff only depends on the very basic C1 stuff (surds, indices, quadratics, straight line graphs) and the relevant C1 topic. I wasn't suggesting you do C2 differentiation before C1 Differentiation, just that as they follow on so logically, you logically follow through, until you've done all of differentiation.
jebbadiah
Rep:
Cheers, makes sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jebbadiah
Rep:
Dunno why it sent that again haha. Thanks anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Leaping Hen.
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Im self studying a level maths too Gosh I thought I was the only one...
icecreamcake
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jebbadiah)
Hiya

I'm studyin A level maths at home and I'm just wonderin would it best to study core 1 then core 2 or both at the same time?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd recommend core 1 first then core 2. Core 1 is just gcse stuff but a bit harder so it's really quick to get through (I just finished core 1 last week).

Posted from TSR Mobile
jebbadiah
Rep:
I'm doin maths with mechanics aswell, should I study the m1 modules at the same time as C1 and 2 or leave that till later?

Posted from TSR Mobile
jebbadiah
Rep:
How are you guys finding self study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
popo123
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm doin maths with mechanics aswell, should I study the m1 modules at the same time as C1 and 2 or leave that till later?

Posted from TSR Mobile
They can be done alongside each other and I kinda suggest doing it that way. They require a different way of thinking in my opinion and being able to do both from the start is good

Posted from TSR Mobile
popo123
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
How are you guys finding self study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fun! I manage to work at a quicker pace than the school tends to teach so that's nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Leaping Hen.
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
tomorrow I will finish core 1 I found I quite easy tbh.
examsolutions + text book questions + past paper questions (which I will do soon)= "Sorted" doing C1,C2,S1
jebbadiah
Rep:
Yea that exam solutions is a god send lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
stirkee
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I learnt them side by side at school. C2 builds on some of the knowledge of C1; I suppose technically you should do the C1 modules required for C2 before starting it but hey. To be honest C1 is so basic you could probably do it first and plough through it before moving on to C2 but its up to you.
jebbadiah
Rep:
I think I'll do c1 first and see how that goes! I'm doin physics and mechanical engineerin aswell so I need to spread out all my subjects rather than just focusing on maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
vishh94
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hello. As what everyone else says, it's pretty much the same for me! Core 1 first, then Core 2!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads