The Student Room Group

Dropping out of uni and reapplying next year?

I've been at uni for a week (I know it's not long) but I feel as though I don't want to be there, I'm settling in ok but just feel so unmotivated and just not ready for uni.

Do you think dropping out and reapplying is a good idea?
Reply 1
No. It isn't going to be any different next year (Unless you change course). Drop out or stay.
Original post by magicalwishes
I've been at uni for a week (I know it's not long) but I feel as though I don't want to be there, I'm settling in ok but just feel so unmotivated and just not ready for uni.

What uni and course??? ...If you don't mind saying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did and it was the best decision I made. But for me, it wasn't about timing, I had chosen the wrong course and uni.
Reply 4

I'm not entirely sure about this but if you drop out you may not be able to get Student Finance again (that is if you're doing an undergrad at the moment and you're not rich).

I dropped out, reapplyed and got into an amazing RG uni and im doing an amazing course.
Best decision of my life, yet remember this is just me. Its risky but if your not happy and think you can do better i say go for it!

Quick Reply

Latest