The Student Room Group

Why aren't guys interested in me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yeah dude
Toyota Prius? Is that you? :confused:

Hahaha
Reply 61
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, I definitely understand what you mean and I know not every guy is going to talk to me based on what you said because I might not look like someone he would get along with/could have a conversation with, but this happens with all guys, even ones that are like me lol. It's really weird and I know it sounds crazy but I'm not exaggerating. As for appearances, well I don't want to sound arrogant which I am not but I am fairly good looking. I am not the most beautiful or anything but I think I am attractive and I definitely do not just answer a guy's questions and not say anything intersting. I'm actually the person who asks the questions like an interview and the guy I am talking to won't say anything else lol. It's so frustrating and annoying. Then the same guy will go to a girl and start asking her questions like I did with him. lol ergh
Also, even if I was ugly that really has nothing to do with this so I m still confused about why people bring up looks. I mean, I have seen some really ugly girls in relationships with actual hot guys, and friends with them etc so looks never matter even in dating. I think people really don't care about looks that much.

Well I am not sure what more I could say to you from your reply you sound like a nice girl. I guess what you really have to ask yourself right now is this, is this a problem that is making you depressed? Does it really affect your daily life? If the answer is no perhaps you should just put it to the back of your mind for now.

Perhaps the fact you think about it may affect the way you come off to guys maybe there is something you are showing them from your body language that puts them off. You are a young girl if you are fairly attractive I do not think it will be a problem that will last.

Some guys think they can read a girl and how she is just by looking at them they see a fit girl and think ‘’ she’s definitely an easy girl been with lots of guys’’ and then put her in a no box perhaps these guys may be doing something like this with you. Or they could easily think ‘’too attractive way too good for me’’ and again put you in a box. Perhaps when these guys are making friends they are also thinking of potential sex partners of course this may affect how they view you, I am just speculating here though.

Most girls though have mostly female friends in their groups though, so if you have female friends at least you aren't lonely. Maybe talk to a girl you know who does have many male friends and see how she behaves and compare yourself to her if there are not any major differences than I think it’s just a phase you are going through. I am surprised though that you could say all the guys do not talk to you I am not sure how that’s possible.
(edited 9 years ago)
Maybe you just haven't found the right guys yet? It's the same with girls - not every single girl you meet is going to click with you and be your best friend.

Also, maybe talk about common interests/what he likes? If you generally talk to someone about something they like, they end up talking lots and lots :tongue:

And yeah how tall are you? Maybe it's because you're taller than the guys?

It might also be how you speak (the words and accent) and how you act/body language? Maybe that puts them off?

Or do you have a negative reputation that is warning them to stay away from you? Are there any rumours going around about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending