The Student Room Group

Next Apprenticeship Questions

Hi guys :smile: not been on here before so sorry if i'm posting somewhere i shouldn't!

Just got a job at next as an apprentice and was just wondering if anyone who's been in my position could clear a few things up for me!

Firstly, seeing as i'm an apprentice and contracted 30 hours a week, does that mean they'll never ask me to do overtime? Always thought it was 'illegal' but you never know, i could use it! And christmas, boxing etc, does the pay double or stay the same PH?

Uniform allowance, anyone know the allowance for an apprentice?

And with having to wear Next clothes, can i wear a Next top with another brand skirt? or another brands cardigan/top/blazer but as long as i'm wearing something Next or is it strictly all Next?

Thanks guys, not really been told anything! haha, any other info would be great if anyones already been in my position :smile:
Not sure about the apprentice part but you could always ask for overtime but just make sure it is paid. As for double pay that used to be standard but now depends on the company, most likely you will get time and a half or double for christmas/boxing day but it is unfortunately becoming less common. I would check with your manager as to uniform, I think a plain black skirt would be fine no matter the brand but probably with a top from Next would be good.

I will move this thread into jobs for you as you might get more info in there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending