sucik
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
can anyone please help to answer the questions below? i'll be grateful.
1) ammonium compounds such as ammonium sulfate,(NH4)2SO4, can be used ass fertilizers.

(i) write a balanced equation to show how ammonium sulfate could be formed by the reaction between aqueous ammonium and sulfuric acid?

(ii) ammonium sulfate is as example of a salt formed when as acid is neutralised by a base. Explain what is meant by the term salt.

(iii) why is ammonia acting as a base in this neutralisation?
KittyRe-play
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(i) A balanced symbol equation of the following word equation:
Ammonia+Sulfuric acid> Ammonium Sulphate+?
(ii) A salt is a what?
-Ionic compound
-Surrounded by water molecules
Now put that into one sentence.
(iii) What is a base first of all? An insoluble alkali right. What are the products of a neutralisation reaction? Salt and w....? Plus if you read the question it says that aqueous ammonia reacts rather than liquid so it shows us that ammonia has been mixed up in water suggesting it may be a solid.
(Sorry not allowed to give direct answers but I hope I sort of helped) Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (700)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (881)
42.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise