The Student Room Group

Personal statement help

My reasoning for wanting to join college and gain an education come from strong belief that better education provides far more opportunities and advantages in life. When I lived in Michigan two years ago I was around many people that obviously never gained a real education. I’ve decided to use these people, some of them friends as real life examples showing that I need to provide an education for myself. When I do attend college I intend to take some computer programming related courses. Programming has been my dream ever since I came into meaningful contact with this latest tool that science has put into man's hands. I have decided to follow this path because I have the experience and the willpower needed to succeed at my career choice.

Although many people do not realize that computers play a major role in almost every aspect of our lives, the fact is that they do. And if computers are an essential element of our lives then computer programmers play an important role as well. In Today’s age electronics and computers provide us with many luxuries and advantages we did not have in past generations.

Three years ago I was never the type of person to be interested in something so time consuming, something that demands so much devotion. In fact I was never even interested in school. It was not until the summer of my freshman year in high school that I decided to rearranged the structure of my life. I needed to get my priorities straight. After much preaching from my parents I decided for once to try in school, to put forth a decent effort. ------ blah blah blah

thats all i got so far .. im not very good on words. do you think this statement is heading in the right direction or needs to be scraped?
Try putting it in the Personal Statements forum, you might have more luck

Latest

Trending

Trending