Tashr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
how do i introduce my essay? 'to what extent in 1881-1900 were russias problems economic ones?
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
jacksimms95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tashr)
how do i introduce my essay? 'to what extent in 1881-1900 were russias problems economic ones?

Outline some of the problems they faced, eg. "From 1881 to 1900, Russia faced a multitude of problems, such as rioting, poor industry and an inefficient agricultural system." (It's been 4 months since I took my exam - don't take my advice for the individual events/problems!)

Then go on to say what your conclusion will be, and what argument you will follow throughout the essay. Don't forget to say why!

"I would argue that the industrial economic issues that were highlighted and partially reformed during Witte's Great Spurt were the most important problems in Russia in the period 1881 to 1900, as they held Russia back behind the other Great Powers, and prevented them from succeeding in wars and foreign conflicts."

I followed that structure for each of my essays in the final exam, and I ended up with 116/120. Just be sure to include l-o-a-d-s of examples and own knowledge to back up every point you make.

Good luck!
Tashr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
thanks! i didnt do too well in my essay as i didnt link my answer back to my question in each paragraph! wow! do you have any tips on the course and what you did to achieve that?
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tashr)
thanks! i didnt do too well in my essay as i didnt link my answer back to my question in each paragraph! wow! do you have any tips on the course and what you did to achieve that?

I would advise practice essays, and to really try and make an effort to pick up on where you can improve. If you do some practice essays you can get a tutor or even send them to me via PM and I can try to give feedback if I get the chance.

jacksimms95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tashr)

Yeah, I would advise lots of practice essays, as many as you can.

I also found it helped to learn a set of "stock answers" that can go into a lot of answers: for example, learn a set of facts and opinions about agriculture or housing, then they can be put into all sorts of essay questions.

For this, I'd recommend you buy/make your own index cards or flashcards. Then write a load of stats for each of the periods, rulers, and factors (industry, agriculture, police-force) on each. Keep revising from these, carry them around with you and you can just whip them out on the bus for example. (you might look a little geeky and get some odd looks, but trust me, it'll be worth it when you get into your chosen university!)

Again, good luck, and I'm always here if you need any more advice on it. Hope I was of some help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
56.79%
I don't have everything I need (194)
43.21%

Watched Threads