Forensic Psychology related dissertation ideas for postgraduate masters study?

Watch
JasmineKerley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm currently doing a psychology masters and I'm required to write a dissertation. I'm trying to think of ideas that are related to the field that I would like to go into- Forensic Psychology, however there are a lot of ethical issues with most forensic psychology related topics, for example interviewing criminals and asking what factors influenced them to get involved in crime etc.

I was wondering if anyone could come up with any ideas that would be ethical for primary research in this field.

Thankssss
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The research you mention could be perfectly ethical if it's framed correctly and if you have the right checks and consents in place. Your supervisor should be able to help you with the practicalities.
JasmineKerley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
But it would be unethical to actually interact with offenders that are incarcerated in order to interview them. I'm wanting a topic that is interesting enough for a masters level dissertation, but doesn't require me to interact with offenders face to face or have to get access to their records.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (12)
40%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
13.33%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (2)
6.67%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (6)
20%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (3)
10%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (3)
10%

Watched Threads